setting lotion or foam?

longhairluva

Which do you ladies use when you wrap or rollerset. I'm using foam now, I think I am going to start diluting it. I want more swang. Do you dilute your foam or setting lotion before you roll?

prospurr4

longhairluva said:
Which do you ladies use when you wrap or rollerset. I'm using foam now, I think I am going to start diluting it. I want more swang. Do you dilute your foam or setting lotion before you roll?

I rollerset weekly, and I don't use either; I use only leave-in (sealed with oil), serum and water. At one time, I've used both setting lotion (diluted) and foam but stopped because both of these made my hair hard. Now, my curls still hold well, and my hair is softer and has a lot more movement/bounce.

Blackoutzangel05

longhairluva said:

I have always used setting lotion. Yesterday I diluted it for the first time and it was great! I always thought that foam was for wet wraps....but my vote is for diluted setting lotion.

longhairluva

I'm going to wash my hair tonight and see if it will come out bouncier if I use only a leave-in and water. Then I will try it with diluted setting lotion. I will update.

Mortons

I have used both and I think they both work well. I just use a little foam or diluted setting lotion

The Girl

I am like some of the other ladies. I use leave in (Infusium in my case) and water. It is mixed together in a spray bottle about half and half and then right before I roll it I seal with Vatika oil or NTM serum. HTH

NeeSee

Setting lotions nor foams worked for me but I decided to try Nairobi Foam Wrapp Lotion. I love it. It gave me a lot of "swing". On top of that my hair was soft and moisturized.