Which of these combs would you use to rollerset?

Which Comb Would You Use To Rollerset?

• Pic 1 Top

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Pic 1 Bottom

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Pic 2

Votes: 81 64.3%
  • Pic 3

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters

Mizani_Mrs

BrEE said:
i would use pic 3 to part and detangle then pic 2 to smooth it over the roller.

ditto! i'm experimenting with rollersets and i find the only way for a smooth set is a fine comb. Just be gentle, careful and take your time and make sure you detangle first.

Dolapo

they said the ebay store is better cos she's a little shady so it would be safer to get stuff from her ebay store

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Dolapo said:
they said the ebay store is better cos she's a little shady so it would be safer to get stuff from her ebay store
Do u think she'll be selling the comb in pic 2 soon on her ebay store??? I hope so!

S

Sandy10

I would use the second comb in pic #1 to detangle. Using a comb that is too large on wet hair will only pull your hair out. I believe your stylist is right. :) I would use a slightly smaller comb than pic #2 to roller set. This will smooth the hair for a silky roller set. I use the point of the rat tail for parting my hair into sections to roller set. This shouldn’t hurt your hair because you are combing small sections of hair.

S

Sandy10

I would use the second comb in pic #1 to detangle. Using a comb that is too large on wet hair will only pull your hair out. I agree with you stylist. :) I would use a slightly smaller comb than pic #2 to roller set. This will smooth the hair for a silky roller set. I use the point of the rat tail for parting my hair into sections to roller set. This shouldn’t hurt your hair because you are combing small sections of hair.

webby

Think Slim
I use the largest comb to untangle and work my way down to the smaller combs if I'm still knotted up a bit. I use #3 or even smaller, for the final comb, to keep hair smooth when doing rollersets.

Bronzedmuse

Tryn2growmyhairlong, I own every comb you have listed there and I bought them from the same seller you bought yours from and I also have type 4 hair.

I just used the medium spaced rat tail bone comb you have listed to do my roller set on Sunday and it came out just as nice and smooth as when I use my fine spaced rat tail bone comb. I had absolutely NO BREAKAGE just a minimum amount of shedding with 1 inch of new growth in some areas of my head.

I seldomly do roller sets but the results were so nice I will have to do them more often.

texasqt

I use several combs so my answer would be all of them.
Start with the widest-tooth down to the finest when detangling and be gentle when combing out snags and tangles, etc. The wider the teeth the larger section of hair you can comb. You wouldn't comb that same section with the finer comb. You would use less hair for that. Basically, with the fine comb you would just use it to smooth the section you plan to put on the roller.

lala

tryn2growmyhair said:
Which of these bone comb would you use to rollerset:

Pic 2/Medium spaced teeth /rake comb:

My pick...I detangle with a wide toothed comb and then use a comb similar to pic 2 whenever I rollerset/wrap. If your hair is detangled, it shouldn't matter that you're using the smaller comb, and you'll get straighter/smoother hair once it dries.

wonderstar

I picked pic 1 bottom because that's what I use after using a wide tooth comb.

However I would take pic 2 to the stylist cause they seem to only like using those anyway.

longhairlover

actually I use number 3 to detangle each piece I am going to put on roller a bit better, then comb 3 to better smooth hair then roll.

vevster

I use a finer tooth version of Pic #2. For ME pic 2's teeth are TOO WIDE to sufficiently detangle.

IF those are the bone combs def get the finer tooth rat tail comb! :up:

nappity

With excellent detangling and lots and lots of moisturizer I used #2. I still need help with a proper roller set. That number 2 was a weapon of mass destruction for me.I'm afraid to try again. You know I bought Macheriamours DVD and her hair is relaxed. If I cant get tips off of there I 'll give it to my daughter

Islandspyce

What did she do that was shady? I went to her hairsense.com site and she has all the good combs there.