Do you think most women would pick short relaxed over long natural?

Most women with afro textured hair would rather be...

• Relaxed with hair that doesn't grow past shoulder length

Votes: 43 22.5%
  • Natural, with 4b textured hair that grow to waist length

Votes: 148 77.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EllePixie

Is that the chick from housewives of Atlanta?

Never watched the show, I'm from the UK so I don't know if they have it online but I'll def take your word for it. :yep:
Yes! LOL...it's cool, yea she was def wearing like ear length weaves...I was like what?

RegaLady

I see alot of women wear EL weave. Some women like it like that. What I have yet to see is black women rock kinky 4b type APL-WL weave.:look: They would rock a short, straight EL weave faster then they would a kinky WL weave.

iri9109

I see alot of women wear EL weave. Some women like it like that. What I have yet to see is black women rock kinky 4b type APL-WL weave.:look: They would rock a short, straight EL weave faster then they would a kinky WL weave.
yeah especially the ones who dont wanna cut their hair, or dont wanna use the extreme heat it takes to keep a short cut looking fresh on their real hair

EllePixie

yeah especially the ones who dont wanna cut their hair, or dont wanna use the extreme heat it takes to keep a short cut looking fresh on their real hair

Yep :yep: it's definitely harder to keep up those shorter relaxed styles...I used to have hair right at my nape and when I needed a touch up it wouldn't lay down! I couldn't stand it.

indigoCniqy

Do they make 4b weave that long? Because I wouldn't mind a piece of that!

I have seen 2 people rock a 4b textured weave (or it could have been a wig) but this was in Africa.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Yeah, short weaves are popular. Those quick weaves come to mind....I think they use glue and a shower cap and a stocking cap or something over your hair....I have never got one done but I always use to hear the girls at school talk about them...they sound like they are damaging as hell though...

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
iknow I would choose the long lush natural hair :lol:

but nowadays outta pure laziness most would rather cut it short and keep it relaxed. :perplexed

RegaLady

iknow I would choose the long lush natural hair :lol:

but nowadays outta pure laziness most would rather cut it short and keep it relaxed. :perplexed

Maybe laziness, but I know lots of people like it because they think they look good in it:yep:. I know people who've had natural long hair and put a relaxer in it and cut it. Some just prefer the style.

LovelyNaps26

Here is an example of a short weave:

YouTube - Toya's Retouch

Sorry, it won't let me embed the video for whatever reason :perplexed

yeah, embedding was one of the nice things about the other format.

CelebritySeaborn sounds like that with every hair style he creates. I doubt he was getting turned on though, seeing as the client was a women. i could be wrong though. :look:

JJamiah

In the Salon I've worked in I have done plenty short weaves :yep: and I have also seen ladies come in to get afro weaves.

I was also looking for a nice Curly Fro wig piece, to do a mo-hawk style with.

People R different.

No, everyone doesn't like long hair!

No Everyone doesn't like Natural hair!

No everyone doesn't like relaxed hair, or short hair, or bobs, or curly hair, or 3c hair, or 3a hair.

We are all different can we embrace that instead of thinking we know what the next WOman wants and why! SHeesh!

somewhereinbtwn

I change my mind add one vote to short relaxed hair. I orginally voted WL natural, but that is just bc I think 4b WL hair is sooooooooooo beautiful, and I forgot what the world was like outside the hair boards.

In the Salon I've worked in I have done plenty short weaves :yep: and I have also seen ladies come in to get afro weaves.

People R different.

No everyone doesn't like relaxed hair, or short hair, or bobs, or curly hair, or 3c hair, or 3a hair.

We are all different can we embrace that instead of thinking we know what the next WOman wants and why! SHeesh!

Yes, we could in an okie-dokie, idealistic world. However, such pleas, as yours, seek to derail conversation about how people perceive beauty. If one's uncomfortable with such a discussion, sometimes it's best to examine the discomfort rather than dismiss or ignore it.

JJamiah

Yes, we could in an okie-dokie, idealistic world. However, such pleas, as yours, seek to derail conversation about how people perceive beauty. If one's uncomfortable with such a discussion, sometimes it's best to examine the discomfort rather than dismiss or ignore it.

And sometimes you have to accept people are different and there is no one answer for many questions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each answer will behold it's tellers ideas. I wasn't referring to original topic more to some answers that were mentioned.

Tiye

I would definitely say length over texture, because I haven't seen a short weave yet.

Lots of people do. Google quick weave short cuts. They're popular coz the hair is cheap and some people like short styles. They go unnoticed coz the shorter the weave the more likely people are to assume it must be hers (or his).

Tiye

Yeah, short weaves are popular. Those quick weaves come to mind....I think they use glue and a shower cap and a stocking cap or something over your hair....I have never got one done but I always use to hear the girls at school talk about them...they sound like they are damaging as hell though...

Glue is commonly used by some but there's nothing stopping anyone from sewing in the hair if they choose to.

People R different.

Exactly.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i think most would pick the chewed relaxed hair. some folks aren't ready for natural hair and may be interested in instant gratification, which isn't the case with naps. ♥

CarmelCupcake

I think most women would pick long and natural because there are so many things that you can do with long hair. Also, many black women have goals of achieving long hair. I think many women would be willing to sacrafice long hair over convenience.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Exactly...I mean yes I think we are all capable of realizing that not EVERYONE prefers long hair, or relaxed hair...but the OP was generally speaking.
If I gave the impression that my comment was directed towards you I apologize. I didn't read any of them really. :)