Do you think it'll be okay?

mikimix

First off, my hair is relaxed.

I dyed my hair red (with permanent dye) at the beginning of June. After about a month it went ginger so I dyed it dark brown. But the brown colour is too light, I think.
I'm thinking of dying it jet black with a rinse (probably Manic Panic or something) next week.
I want to relax my hair on 18th Sept (or maybe a few days after that). Do you think it will be okay? Will I damage my hair (more)?

Should I just wait until after the relaxer? I want to but I just really hate the colour I have now.

mikimix

It was dry and broke a little because of the red dye (and also I was loading it with protein when it didn't want it). But now it's recovering and not dry at all, because I've been doing a lot of DCs and moisturising it more.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I think it'll be ok but that's a lot. Just be sure to moisturize and keep an eye on it.

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I wouldn't. That be would be three chemical processes in three months' time; to me, that's asking for trouble. I would wait to do the corrective rinse on the day of your relaxer. The rinses will 'take' better to the open cuticles.

MaraWithLove

I agree with the others above. Also, from experience I'll say that the color your hair takes from a semi-permanent color will not always be the same after putting a relaxer over it. In fact, my hair's never stayed the same color after a relaxer if it had been color treated prior. So, best bet is to apply the rinse after you relax.

RubyWoo

When you dyed your hair dark brown, was that with a permanent color or a semi permanent color?