Do you take your hair vitamins as a multivitamin?

vtoodler

Or do you take a seperate multivitamin in addition to it?

Which one vitamin or supplement (silicia, MSM, gelatin, biotin, etc) has had the most effect on your hair?

When I joined the forum, I jumped on every supplement everyone was taking. This addition made no difference to my hair growth because supplement effect depends on what deficiency you were having. I've always taken a multivitamin and try to eat healthily so I wasn't really missing out on much apparently. So adding all the extras was just waste since it didn't make a difference to my health or hair growth. So I went back to the devil I know: just taking my multivitamin.

TBH everyone will have a different answer to this question because everyone's hair growth will respond to the vitamin their body wasn't getting enough of. After all, cells cannot absorb more than they need so if your follicles already get what they need, taking more of it could be wasteful or toxic.

I added a hair skin and nails vitamin to my Reggie before finding this board I didn't stop my one a day multi and I just recently started being consistent with taking all my supplements.

I just recently noticed that my nails are growing and are much stronger but that was after having my first manicure in over a year so go figure.

It's funny the only reason I started really sticking to taking my stuff is because I would like to try a few things that have been mentioned on here and I promised my self I would finish what I have first.

I second what Nonie said. Supplements only help you if you have a deficiency in a given vitamin or mineral. I drink a lot more water than I used to on a daily basis and take a mutlivitamin plus a few supplements for other nutrients that the multi either doesn't have much of or at all like MSM, biotin, and salmon oil (I don't like to overlap.) My nails have responded well in becoming less brittle, much stronger, and more white in appearence. It is probably too soon to tell if it is doing anything for the hair on my head but I have noticed that I have to shave more often.

If your hair or multi vitamins include ADEK and/or Iron I suggest you only take one them :yep: Too much of those can be toxic.

No I don't take my hair vitamins as a multivitamin. But I take my multivitimin as a hair vitamin. Most multivitamins have vitamin a, e, and b12 in the vitamin. Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp. Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation.

I use hair skin and nails vitamin as my multivitamin and as a source for vitamin in take. I also use MSM on the side, sometimes garlic pills and sometimes fish oil pills.

They didn't make a difference to my hair to be honest. I guess it's because my diet is quite balanced but I quite like the energy I get and the reduce amount of flu/colds I get, so it keeps me healthy.

No, I take an organic, raw-food based multivitamin along with some other supplements for general wellness. Hair supplements tend to be less complete than a good multi, and good multi's tend to have most, if not all the key vitamins that hair supplements have.

Back