How many vitamins is too much vitamins

angelk316

Pleasehelp me narrow my vitamin list down. I think I am taking too many.And I feel that takingtoo manyvitamins will cause more harm than good. Which vitamins do you think is most essential to hair health Growth and body health.
Can you narrow this list down to 3-5?

Centrum multivitamin
GNC ultra hair nurisher
Biotin
B Complex
Folic Acid
Calcium/Magnizium/Zinc
Cod liver oil/evening primrose
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Omega 3
Iron
B12
MSM

KAddy

I would first say check the ingredients of them as I found that some hair vitamins have the same thing as many multi-vitamins.

If I had to narrow I would say:

Centrum multivitamin
Biotin
MSM (although I don't really know much about this one)

Many of the other things are already in your vitamin, if not get the kind that has it. I have the generic centrum from walmart that has calcium, iron, and zinc added.

Country gal

I would suggest checking with your doctor. It's okay to get advice from a hair board but we don't know your medical history.

Ayeshia

The majority of your vitamins should be from food sources. Some people think they if all they eat is a bag of potato chips and a hambuger the the vitamins will take care of the rest. Which isnt true.

My nutrition teacher told our class that our body can only absorb so many vitamins at a time...she said time released are the best. The rest of the vitamins will just be flushed out of your sysytem.

I would just narrow it down to a multi, calcuim supplement, and the codliver oil. Most of the other ones you listed are already found in the multi :)

buffalosoldier

KAddy said:

If I had to narrow I would say:

Centrum multivitamin
Biotin
MSM (although I don't really know much about this one)
]

LOL I was going to say the same thing but I would also add the gnc hair nourisher esp since you already have it.

Centrum and biotin are a fantastic combo and they are working wonders for me.

UmSumayyah

Centrum multivitamin or nourishhair (until you run out, then i would keep the multi)
Biotin
B Complex

Cod liver oil/evening primrose

MSM

but read more on these and check w/ a doc

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
multivitamin (which contains most of the vitamins u take already)
b-complex (contains b vitamins and more)
maybe cod liver oil/evening primrose and/or MSM (I dont know much about MSM either)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
What a great topic. I found out that I've been taking MSM & Biotin so why not jam it all in one pill. That's when I found out about GNC: Nourishair.

BronzedGoddess

If you are going to take B-12 it should be taken sublingually (under tongue) or injectable. You could try to get it from food sources such as eggs, dairy, nutritional yeast and fortified foods. Your body won't absorb B-12 in pill form very well.

Tene

I would say the Ultra Nourishair and EPO or Cod Liver Oil and Gnc Ultra Mega if you want. But everything is actually in the hair vitamin except the epo and cod liver oil. All you have to do is fine a good hair vitamin that has everything in it that would be in a multivitamin along with the extra stuff. That's what I did and that cut down on buying extra stuff.