Do you pray God or Jesus?

milaydy31

Don't know if theres already is a thread on this topic but Please answer this question.
When you pray, do you directly pray God or do you pray Jesus?

Thanks in advance :).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sidney

When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, He said pray like this "Our Father.." and of course, it's in Jesus' name that we pray.

auparavant

To all three Persons of the G-dhead/Trinity and addressing them differently according to the prayer. I also pray to Jesus through Mary.

BostonMaria

I talk to God all the time. If I ask for something, I pray to God in Jesus' name. I will talk to the Holy Spirit as well because he lives on the inside of us and is our comforter.

Iwanthealthyhair67

BostonMaria said:
I talk to God all the time. If I ask for something, I pray to God in Jesus' name. I will talk to the Holy Spirit as well because he lives on the inside of us and is our comforter.

I do the same.

milaydy31

Thank you for your answers.

For me it dépends. During the day I talk to God (in my head) it's not a prayer its more like a conversation with Him. But at the begining of the day and befor bedtime I pray God through Jesus. I ask Jesus to bring my prayer to my Father.

Since a couple of weeks i find it weird I feel like I should pray directly and I was wondering if we should pray through Jesus or if we should ask and pray directly. When I go to church we pray directly.

When I praise Him I do it directly too.

Do you have any scriptures that talk about prayers through Mary?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Daddy, God, Jesus...whatever really flows out my mouth. More so God though and I end it with "in Jesus name, I pray, Amen"!

LatterGlory

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

MrsHaseeb

LatterGlory said:
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

I was going to post the exact same thing. Thank you!

Galadriel

I'm assuming you're asking do we pray to God the Father or to God the Son (Jesus)? I agree with the others that we pray to God the Father in Jesus' Name, however it is perfectly fine to pray to each member of the Holy Trinity since Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One God.