Votes: 73 39.2%
  • Never

Votes: 29 15.6%
  • I just dust

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Highly Favored8

No, I do not do this at all. I only let my hair dresser do it. Since I am in no trims for 2009 challenge no one will trim my hair at all =)

Frostipuff

For me, trimming is essential. I believe my hair grows at different
stages so I end up w/ uneven and see thourgh ends. I prefer my
hair to be thick and full from root to end so I have my hair trimmed
every 4-6 weeks. I would say my ends are reduced just beyond
what would qualify as dusting. My bangs and sides are cut to allow
for feathering around my face and cheeks.

I have to admit, I am often tempted to cut my hair into a cute short
style.

lovinglength

For the past three years, I've trimmed once per year, but when I finally trim, I need one baaaaaad, however, I use heat appliances. I used to trim once every three months and was cutting too much, so with my yearly trims, I'm retaining my length way better. In my opinion, unless a person is wearing there hair straight, there really isn't a need to trim very often. My ex boyfriend never trimmed his hair and his ends looked great, a few splits hear and there but nothing outrageous, and his hair got to the middle of his back...he kept is cornrowed.

luxe.li.

I search and destroy, but I will trim every three or four months or so just to clip away the older hair that is more prone to split due to the fact that its getting old, not because its damaged, not because I don't take care of it, just because its getting old.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I dust my ends. I look through my hair strand by strand and snip off split ends that I see.

nubinikki

I trim a half an inch once every three months. My hair is very fine and splits very easily. I like to try to stop those little suckers before they even start splitting.

Me too.
My hair is very fine too and no matter what I do, my delicate ends are prone to splitting. I feel I have to trim every few months or my ends will look raggedy.

Barbara

Princess
I leave the trimming to my stylist, which he just did last Saturday. Now my hair is at the top of my bra clasp, but I like it.

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I trim more often now because I like the even look but I might do a personal no trim challenge to push onto MBL and beyond. Not trimming helps with getting over length humps I find.

divinempress

i trimmed 3 times in the last couple months just to get rid of split, dead ends and start fresh...no more trimming for me!

once hair is healthy why trim? :ohwell: