Votes: 73 39.2%
  • Never

Votes: 29 15.6%
  • I just dust

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buddhas_mom

Im just curious. Who trims and who doesn't and why? I trim every 10 weeks. I just like straight blunt ends. I know it doesn't help your hair grow. I just cut 1/8 so I don't lose too much length.

Rina

Good Topic.

I trim my hair every 6 weeks. I know that it may seem like a lot to some people but honestly, that is how my hair grows the fastest. I get the blunt cut too with minor layers that I am still trying to get rid of little by little.

I used to take the advice of someone I knew that did not trim for a LONG TIME and she had great growth. Well, it did not work for me. Not cutting my ends on a regualr basis actually made me feel as if I was set back because when I went to get a trim, there was alot more to cut.

I guess its not for everyone.

that_1_grrrl

I just cut off knots that I can't unravel with my fingers. Before LHCF, I would have my grandmother trim my hair every 6 weeks because the knotting was so bad.

Now that my hair is in good health, I don't feel I need to trim. If I did trim, I wouldn't know exactly when and what to trim with natural hair. I'm not really worried about it either. My hair seems to be okay.

MizAvalon

I don't trim. I don't care about having blunt hair and my ends are not split since they're always protected, so there's no reason to.

2 years and counting!

buddhas_mom

Good Topic.

I trim my hair every 6 weeks. I know that it may seem like a lot to some people but honestly, that is how my hair grows the fastest. I get the blunt cut too with minor layers that I am still trying to get rid of little by little.

I used to take the advice of someone I knew that did not trim for a LONG TIME and she had great growth. Well, it did not work for me. Not cutting my ends on a regualr basis actually made me feel as if I was set back because when I went to get a trim, there was alot more to cut.

I guess its not for everyone.

That's the same reason I started trimming. I use to not trim at all and when I finally got one they cut off 1 1/2 of hair which defeated the whole purpose.

BeautifulFlower

I dust regularly so trimming really hasn't been a necessary thing. I dust after every relaxer and majority of the time when I do heated styles. ill start trimming to be blunt when im waist length.

winnettag

I also search & destroy single strand knots and splits. If and when I decide to trim it will only be occasional dustings. (I also don't like blunt ends, so it suits me)

Well I had a big cut in Aug, but I decided not to trim anymore, IMO, trimming, doesn't do much but set you back(unless you have reach your hair goal), I'm first trying to reach my goal and then consider monthly trims......BUT I do take care of ends more than anything, because I know I can easily get split ends, but my split ends come from flat iron all the time and not keeping them moisturize.....I use to go years without trimming, But I didn't have the hair knowledge that I have now....but some can go without trimming and others can't.

buddhas_mom

I haven't trimmed in almost a year without any real probs. If I see a split or two, then I just do a S&D.

Your hair grows fast. Everytime I see ladies that had really short hair before that grew it long gives me hope. I love really short haired before pictures.

Zay-neey

Im about to trim 2morrow. when i dont trim i get really weak ends and it just doesnt look right so i try to trim like every 4 months or so

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I only trim on relaxer days which is every 4 months, but I dust on ebery 8 weeks in between trims.
I am due for a dust next week.

gissellr78

Im just curious. Who trims and who doesn't and why? I trim every 10 weeks. I just like straight blunt ends. I know it doesn't help your hair grow. I just cut 1/8 so I don't lose too much length.

I just cut 1/2 inch last week...the last time before that was september

SoCalli

I trim a half an inch once every three months. My hair is very fine and splits very easily. I like to try to stop those little suckers before they even start splitting.

TrustMeLove

I search and destroy for single strand knots everytime I do my hair on wash day. But, since I have sooo many I let some slide (I HAVE ALOT) and get the ones that have created loops and stuff. Than usually the next go round I cut ones that I didn't do before.

It helps me to do them gradually so I don't feel like I'm hacking off all of my hair. I try to keep my hair in stable styles to limit knots and not give the knots that I already have room to tangle and create more knots before I get to cutting them off.

aja1121

It depends on hair density and how you where your hair. I have fine and medium strands, so I'm prone to split ends even with proper moisture and protein balance. The more I straighten my hair the more I have to trim. I retain length much better this way because I don't deal with major setbacks. Like right now, I tried to jump on the "no trim" bandwagon and I think I'm going to have to cut 2 inches off because of it. A trim to me is usually between 1/2-1/4". Anything more is a cut and anything less is dusting.

LovinLea

I do trim... 1/2 inch once a year. When I'm handling my hair or I see it in pictures, my ends look just fine. If they didn't, I would probably trim more often. I used to do it every 6 weeks, and my hair just got shorter and shorter. No more.

empressri

I trim twice a year. Now I do have my own hair scissors, and I'll snip off a split end if I see it pop out, but other than that twice a year works for me. My stylist whom USUALLY knows my hair pretty well says I should stick to the every 6-8 weeks....but I know that I don't need to.

MissBCurly

i dont trim because i have a fear of scissor happy stylist. (no I can not trim myself) I think Ive had one trim since my first mini chop in 2007 and that was part of my big chop... i hate to cut...

TLC1020

I trim or dust when necessary.. If my hair is in need of a trim I trim it.. Like now I recently had a setback where I had to cut about 3 1/2 inches of thin see thru ends b/c my hair shedding so much :cry: . Even though I have been wearing buns since september I didn't want to cut it but I wasn't going to hang on to hair that wasn't healthy :nono:.

MariposaSexyGirl

I went with out a trim for a year. My hair went from top of bsl to wl. It was in a v though mostly because I had layers the year before that. I just got my hair cut to a blunt bsl. I might trim in like 6 months but we will see. I might wait a year again.