Do you have friends that

diamondlady

ask for advice on hair and then never use the advice. I have a good friend and her hair is really jacked-up. She asked what I was doing to my hair cause it was looking good lately. I loaned her some of my books (never do this, unless you're prepared to never see them again) and gave her some products to get started.
Yesterday her daughter showed me a weave enclosure that she had put off her her head and pieces of her hair was still stuck to it. I was totally disgusted with her and she just laughed.

NubianAngel

How old is her daughter? Is her daughter's hair jacked as well?

Maybe your friend asks because she notices your progress, but is thinking that maybe you had a quick fix. Perhaps it's easy to ask hair advice, but some people just dont take the time or energy to heed that advice. I dunno. I wish someone would ask me advice w/o saying "your hair can do that mine cant" or something else silly.

diamondlady

Her daughter is a teenager and her is jacked also. I think her daughter is trying to practice better hair care because she was telling her mother not to pull the enclosure off that way and then wonder why her hair is thin on top.

I think you probably have a point about her not having the energy to heed the advice. It's easier for her just to glue in some hair and go.

She is an older friend and I wore my hair down to church one Sunday after a long time of up dos or braids. She said she couldn't believe how nice my hair looked and asked what I had been doing.

Isis

For many of us, good hair care is about making permanent changes in our regime. It's a commitment. I think some people are curious but they are just not ready to change.

diamondlady

Now Isis,

I think you really got the answer. It is WORK to make permanent changes and make a commitment to better hair care. Some people want the results without the effort.

Allandra

Most of my friends aren't into hair care like I am. However, when they do ask me for advice, I give it to them. Hopefully, they're using it.

Karonica

I go through this alot. For people like them, the next time they ask, don't bother. It's not worth it. And then if they do decide to try it, they get mad when it doesn't work for them. It really is annoying. They think everyone is born with the same kind of hair and they only want to do it because it works for you, not keeping in mind that it might now work for them.

queenofmean68

Yes! I have a cousin that asks me every now and then what do I use on my hair. I tell her the name of some of the products that I use because I know she does not want to spend the amount of money that I do on hair products. But I also tell her about taking care of her hair---it doesn't matter what you use, it's how you take care of your hair! She gets braids with synthetic hair, and 2 days later she is scratching like crazy, which leads to breakage, then she leaves those to tight braids in too long, so her hairline is really thining. I also suggested that she go to a professional for her relaxers because she does not do a good job herself. It's ashame because she used to have beautiful hair.
I don't even bother to say anything anymore, and I'm sure she is tired of hearing me run my mouth anyway.

AnjelLuvs

<font color="red"> I hate sharing info because when I start people think I am being cocky about my hair growing at its current rate. They ask me the same thing over and over, but when they go do their hair they dont wanna use my advice </font>

G

Yess, I had a similar situation I let someone borrow a CH Book and she doin all the same stuff to her hair. I guess it's hard for people to change thier habits, before I saw this I did a thread about people getting mad when you give them tips.

Had I seen this, I would have jsut posted here. Sorry.

diamondlady

No need to be sorry Mindymouse, we just talking. I've never had anyone get mad at me for hair advice. I've had people tell me that what I'm saying (or what product I'm talking about) is no good. I just tell them it works for me maybe it just doesn't work for you. I finish with everybody is different. I usually get good reactions.