Do steam rollers damage hair?

Do steam rollers damage hair?

• Yes, they're damaging to hair.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No, they're actually good to hair.

Votes: 20 95.2%

• Total voters

vtoodler

Many women use steam rollers to make their har curlier and bouncier. Caruso and Vidal Sasoon are some of the most popular brands.

However, I'm wondering if they also do damage to hair over time? Is all that steam and heat actually good for hair?

How often can you use them safely?

MsDee14

When I use steam rollers, my hair actually feels more moisturized. So for me...they are good for my hair.

rririla

I liked the curls I got, but I have to say, my ends felt wierd, like dry and crispy, on freshly trimmed hair! I tried it with/and without moisturizer, so I don't use them anymore, but it may just be my hair doesn't like these rollers! Not sure if they are damaging or not but I'm not going to risk it

prettybyrd

My Caruso's are the only heat I use that I am certain isn't causing damage. A stylist I went to when I was younger suggested them and told me that they were good for the hair. I've never had a problem with them.

Honi

There is no board.
Nope. It really doesn't even get that hot, you can touch it without burning yourself compared to curling irons, marcels and flat irons and it's moist heat.

Dposh167

the steam doesn't get that hot. Your blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron are more damaging than steam rollers. nothing to worry about op

Ann0804

That's the one thing I miss since becoming natural- my Carusol steam rollers. It made my hair look really healthy even when it wasn't.

czyfaith77

I use caruso rollers on my natural hair. I used them on stretched or blow dried hair. There is a thread where another person does it as well.