Caruso Steam Rollers And Q-redew Steamer

Daina

Just curious if anyone has any experience with either product? For the Caruso rollers since it's steam based I'm assuming there should be no heat damage using these? I would let my hair air dry in a stretched form like with twists and then use these to curl and add volume.

For the steamer anyone own and use to refresh WnG's? How do you like it?

bluediamond0829

I've had the Q-redew Steamer and mine stopped working. I barely got any uses out of it. I received it as a Christmas present. Honestly I didn't think of using it and when I did it wasn't working. I have a stand up steamer and that thing is the truth.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I have a q redew and loved it. I used it to refresh my wash and goes and it did exactly what it claimed to do. There were days where I thought there's no way I can get my wash and go to look anywhere near decent. I took out my q redew and started steaming it back into shape and somehow it came back to life.

Now that my hair is longer I don't need it anymore. I still use it on occassion when a curl has a wonky bend or something. It brings it right back to life. It's never done me wrong and is really easy to use.

My only gripe is it's kind of heavy.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I have a Q-Redew and got tired of it so it sits unused.

Honestly, GHE (plastic shower cap) at night and a fine spritz mister are more convenient.

I also travel a lot and the Q-Redew will not work with any converter. Mine exploded in China and took the power out with it. So not convenient for me.

prettybyrd

I've used Caruso's since my relaxer days in the 90s. I love them. However, I only have success with those curlers if my natural hair has been flat ironed. Using them on stretched hair, or blown out hair that hasn't been straightened, never gives me results I like.

The times I tried it, my hair felt rough. While I had volume, the only thing I could do with my hair was to wear a fro. Your results may be different but I much prefer a steam curler set on straight hair.

I don't think it's possible to get heat damage from Caruso's because there's no direct heat. The moment you remove the roller from the steam, it begins to cool. I was more afraid of reversion from an over wet roller than I was heat damage.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I've used the Carusos and I sold mine a long time ago. I think they caused a bit of frizz but I'll admit I had very little skill with my hair at the time when I used them. Many people used to love those here.
I think @Zaynab uses them.

Zaynab

I've used the Carusos and I sold mine a long time ago. I think they caused a bit of frizz but I'll admit I had very little skill with my hair at the time when I used them. Many people used to love those here.
I think @Zaynab uses them.
Yes That's all I use!! They give you that big hair big curls thing that I love!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva, how do you use yours? On stretched hair and roots? Do you air dry first, how are your roots?
I use them on previously stretched hair. It's easy for me to get chemical/thermally relaxed type results from curlformers and roller sets etc. So, my roots are straight enough for me when I use the Carusos. I have a mix of 3B, 3C and 4A hair.

The steam locks in the quick set!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
No I'm natural. I do blow dry first but I'm addicted to heat so don't mind me.

Do ya'll still hair type around here :look:
Should I edit my post? Was trying to convey it's easier for me to get chemical/thermally relaxed type results. Full context regarding results.

Daina

I use them on previously stretched hair. It's easy for me to get chemical/thermally relaxed type results from curlformers and roller sets etc. So, my roots are straight enough for me when I use the Carusos. I have a mix of 3B, 3C and 4A hair.

The steam locks in the quick set!

@MileHighDiva, thanks! I'm 3b/3c as well. I'm going to try airdrying and then using the steam rollers. I don't mind wearing a headband or tying my edges down with a scarf.