Bought the wrong rollers...

Aviah

So there's no Caruso Steam Rollers in England. Even if I did order them the adapter/electrical conversion issues would be annnoying.So I bought these, wondering if it will have the same effect as no steam rollers, and wondering what the steam actually does.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-30...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1263901567&sr=8-1-fkmr0

These seem to me like roller shaped flat irons in my hair...:ohwell:

What do you guys think? Are these going to do "more damage" than the steam rollers? Or is it about the same?

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
No these are not like the caruso rollers, I have something similar to these and the curls do not last so I stopped using them. They may work for you.

Last edited:

Aviah

For me I don't want the curls so much, I want them to straighten my natural hair out a bit more. Like If I want the curls I can do those on the ends, but after a day or so with wrapping I may want the curls out. Are you relaxed or natural?

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
For me I don't want the curls so much, I want them to straighten my natural hair out a bit more. Like If I want the curls I can do those on the ends, but after a day or so with wrapping I may want the curls out. Are you relaxed or natural?

The curlers dont get how enough IMO to straighten the hair out. I am relaxed. A friend of mine told me her mom uses the instyler to straigten her hair a bit.

Last edited:

Aviah

So then It may not do much damage I take it... at least not as much as a flat iron..

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
The steam rollers are sponge/mesh to allow the steam in once on your hair the rollers cool down the hair is locked in a curled position with moisture.

the rollers you have now are metal covered with soft material that sit in a receptacle to get heated, once on the hair has cooled the curl is locked in, not for long though. I think it is because the thickness of our hair.

If you do a search on here there is a women with natural hair that used the caruso rollers and she got a really nice set. Also Youtube has many natural women who use them with really nice results.

Aviah

oh boy. lets hope these work out. Otherwise you may see them for sale on the other forum.

Aviah

The steam rollers would be better for your hair but I suppose it depends on how often you would use the heated rollers? We don't really sell Carusos here, but I bought something similar, the Vidal Sassoon Steam Rollers http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sassoon-Hyd...1_1?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1263910204&sr=8-1 which more or less works on the same premise.

Can you not take the heated rollers back?

Oh! those were the ones that I was going back and forth about getting and got these. I got it from amazon, I don't think I can return them...