Do I smell a Challenge? Relaxed Heads: RU ever curious about ur natural texture?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
chayil0427 said:
Ok, I gotta make a confession. Please don't beat me. I relaxed my hair!:sekret: .

See what happened was LOL. My hair is just now starting to turn around and do exactly what I've been dreaming of it doing for so long. So I wanted to keep things going. So, I broke down and relaxed well texlaxed.

I really want you ladies to keep going with the challenge even though your fearful leader has fallen. :poke: Baglady215 I'm turning the challenge over to you. May you prevail with all certainty!

Please still love me even though I'm a big fat failure LOL.

Chayil

Don't feel bad. You're not a failure. I think that everyone needs to do what they think is best for their hair during their journey, so if you are having success with your relaxed hair, then it makes sense that you'd relax right now, instead of risking the unknown.

BahatiSeey2

I'm having an inner battle on whether to go natural or to straighten. I've had a relaxer all of my adult life and although I always go 8-10 wks between relaxers I'm not sure if I can stretch for 6 mos. I haven't relaxed since late Nov./early Dec. and I really don't know how to handle the two textures, well actually millions of textures all over my head. I've just been washing and flat-ironing but I know it's too much heat. My mom is natural, has been since I've known her and my sister just recently transitioned. For me, there are so many positive connotations that go along with natural hair. But, I think my expectations are way too high. I can NOT see myself BC anytime before I have at least a bob + I think my head is just WAY to big for anything short or close-fitting. I'm really itching to have a brazilian straightener until I can grow my natural hair out more. I can't think of any other ways to style my hair other than flat-ironing or braid outs.

prettypuff1

chayil0427 said:
Ok, I gotta make a confession. Please don't beat me. I relaxed my hair!:sekret: .

See what happened was LOL. My hair is just now starting to turn around and do exactly what I've been dreaming of it doing for so long. So I wanted to keep things going. So, I broke down and relaxed well texlaxed.

I really want you ladies to keep going with the challenge even though your fearful leader has fallen. :poke: Baglady215 I'm turning the challenge over to you. May you prevail with all certainty!

Chayil
I don't feel so bad since i relaxed today........:fallenang I was seeing too much breakage and there was more than my fair share of shedding.. i like texture and know what it looks like.. Keep fighting the good fight

chayil0427

prettypuff1 said:
I don't feel so bad since i relaxed today........:fallenang I was seeing too much breakage and there was more than my fair share of shedding.. i like texture and know what it looks like.. Keep fighting the good fight

Mhm...that's how I was feeling...keeping my new growth at least tex laxed cuts down on a lot of my shedding. Yet, I was extra careful just to put the relaxer on the new growth and I covered my relaxer hair with protien chemical protectant to be extra careful.

Chayil

Nuelle

Know what? I have mistreated my hair, especially my scalp, for way too long. I have a sensitive scalp and I always seem to get burned. My last touch up was the breaking point. I hope it's not too late to join... I have stretched for 4 months before and after a horrible experience last week, I am seriously considering going back to my natural texture. I haven't made up my mind yet, but this challenge could just be what I need...*runs to ebay to buy a maxiglide (seriously you think it will be easy:lachen: )*

I'm in ladies;)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm almost 7 1/2 months, trying hard to go to May. So that'll be 9 months. Right now I have braids in and will be taking them out at the end of April.

OneInAMillion

chayil0427 said:

Chayil

Girl we still love you :D !

You have to ultimately decide what your goal is now: length or transitioning. I think I want to reach my length goals first, so I will continue to texturize. I have to step up my moisture game, but I think I will be relaxing in the next 2-3 weeks, around the 7 month mark. I'm seeing a bit of breakage (short pieces, which I NEVER see), so I'm getting a little nervous.

chayil0427

Just peepin in to see who is still with the challenge? Lets see some photos of that beautiful new growth ladies!

Chayil

Lynnerie

Hey Ladies! Just wanted to know who is still going strong with this challenge and if so... whay is helping you get through it? Is anyone convinced on going natural yet? I'm so torn between relaxing and whether to keep with this. When I straighten my hair it doesn't last long at all. I'm thinking maybe i need a maxiglide to get the new growth straight. And I miss just being able to wrap it, finger comb it down and go. But at the same time, I hate the way my relaxed hair looks when wet. Its just there and airdrying is even worse. I'm loving the way my new growth looks and feels though its just a pain to deal with having the relaxed part hanging on. lol. Does anyone feel my pain?

Oh and if you all know any product I can use to combat my new growth from reverting so quickly, please help a sista out. Thanks.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
cluelessaka said:
Hey Ladies! Just wanted to know who is still going strong with this challenge and if so... whay is helping you get through it? Is anyone convinced on going natural yet? I'm so torn between relaxing and whether to keep with this. When I straighten my hair it doesn't last long at all. I'm thinking maybe i need a maxiglide to get the new growth straight. And I miss just being able to wrap it, finger comb it down and go. But at the same time, I hate the way my relaxed hair looks when wet. Its just there and airdrying is even worse. I'm loving the way my new growth looks and feels though its just a pain to deal with having the relaxed part hanging on. lol. Does anyone feel my pain?

Oh and if you all know any product I can use to combat my new growth from reverting so quickly, please help a sista out. Thanks.

Going to do a BC this weekend or sometime next week. Mostly because my hair is not ready to be relaxed and the relaxed ends are irking me to no end. Don't know if I'll stay natural forever, but I want to at least give it an honest try.

I haven't successfully straightened my natural hair either, but I noticed my hair cooperates with me more when I use a serum on wet hair. I've used Garnier Sleek and Shine Serum and John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock.

Lynnerie

B_Phlyy said:
Going to do a BC this weekend or sometime next week. Mostly because my hair is not ready to be relaxed and the relaxed ends are irking me to no end. Don't know if I'll stay natural forever, but I want to at least give it an honest try.

I haven't successfully straightened my natural hair either, but I noticed my hair cooperates with me more when I use a serum on wet hair. I've used Garnier Sleek and Shine Serum and John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock.

Can't wait to see the pics from the BC. And I'm going to try the serum on wet hair, I always use it on dry hair. I wanna give the natural thing a try, I'm tired of running from the rain and I think my hair grows better without the relaxer.

divya

I am just seeing this challenge and I am in!

I'm already at 2 months. I've been texturizing for years and i just put a rinse in my hair in January...and it's breaking off like crazy now. So my feeling is, forget all this chemical and let me have my natural hair. So let's see how long I can go! Hopefully all the way!

prettywhitty

cluelessaka said:

I definitely feel your pain. I am so torn between wanting to reach my BSL goal and transitioning again. The last time I tried to transition, my hair (ng) was so hard and dry. This time my ng is growing in so soft! I really don't know what to do. My next relaxer is due at the first of May. I think I'm leaning towards relaxing again because I've never had brastrap hair before...but I'm not totally sure. HELP! :drowning: I'm drowning in hair decisions!

glamazon386

Miz Jackson said:
The last time I tried to transition, my hair (ng) was so hard and dry. This time my ng is growing in so soft!

The first time I stretched my relaxer 6 months that happened to me. The 2nd time it was like a whole new head of hair. Then one day I chopped it all off. I remember being there and contemplating. :)

OneInAMillion

cluelessaka said:

I'm at 7 months post and I'm honestly more confused then ever about what to do with my hair. Right now I'm torn because I'm loving how the texturized hair is working out, but I really WANT to be natural. I also WANT to be BSL...decisions decisions :perplexed .

Southernbella.

I'm almost 4 months post. I have about 1.5 inches of newgrowth, and it's really pretty. There are some coils, some kinks, and some waves, which surprised me. I think pregnancy may have changed my texture in a couple of places. I'm not thinking about going natural yet, though. I still have some hair goals to meet. But it is nice to stretch and not think about my next relaxer.

I'm not having as many issues as I thought I would. I'm rollersetting as usual, and flatironing my roots. They don't get straight, but they get straight enough to blend in with my texlaxed hair.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get them uploaded!

CHECKMATE!

I wore my hair natural for 5yrs str8...been there (low caesar with better waves than most men ;) )...done that(afro)...got the t-shirt(locks to my shoulders)...I LOVED it! but the maintenance was a B$%ch! Honestly,I think about it,and then i wake up...:look:

JFemme

patient1 said:
I'm more radical though, I think every woman should do kojak at least once in her life. :lol:
p1

I'm thinking on pulling a KJ for my big birfday in Oct...:lol:

Southernbella.

Mrs

Ok, I couldn't rollerset this time around because I had too many tangles. Other than that, still going strong! I have a few pics (some are blurry)

This last one is after I blowdried and started flatironing. Gotta love CHI silk infusion!!!:D

Radianthealth

I finally took my braids out and it was soo hard detangling and conditioning. I am afraid because I lost so much hair. I know that once I relax everything will be okay but I am a little dissapointed that my hair doesn't look healthier.

I had to use a ton of product to detangle it and make it soft. I will be relaxing this weekend about 2 weeks short of 6 months:)

I fought the good fight but the relaxed ends are not playing nicely with the 3-4 inches of 4b newgrowth

I will probably deep condition tonight and wednesday.

ohsosuzy

Welll I never officially joined this challenge, but I haven't had a touch up since the end of december and I am officially four months post. I have several engagements coming up in May that will prevent me from making itt to the full six months and will probably be relaxing this weekend. Its definitely been an interesting trip and I'll probably do it again.

Here are some growth pics for you guys (sorry if they're blurry)...

Feb 2006

April 2006 (Excuse the flexis :lol: )

OneInAMillion

trimbride said:
I finally took my braids out and it was soo hard detangling and conditioning. I am afraid because I lost so much hair. I know that once I relax everything will be okay but I am a little dissapointed that my hair doesn't look healthier.

I had to use a ton of product to detangle it and make it soft. I will be relaxing this weekend about 2 weeks short of 6 months:)

I fought the good fight but the relaxed ends are not playing nicely with the 3-4 inches of 4b newgrowth

I will probably deep condition tonight and wednesday.

I completely understand!

I'm throwing in the towel this Monday and getting a texturizer at 7.5 months post. I lost a whole lot of hair today after detangling, even though I went two weeks without washing and I usually was every week. It was just too much for me :perplexed .

I just hope I have hair left on my head now :ohwell:

need2accumulate

I want to join (sortof). I have never did this before and my hair is on a nice streak so I am going to break this up into mini challenges (12 weeks at a time) with hopes of going 6 months. I am about 6 wks post and I relax EVERY 6 weeks.

I will re-evaluate at the 3 month mark and as long as I am not seeing any setbacks then I will keep going. I have FULL intentions of making it to 6 months which would put me at mid Sep. I would really like to be BSL by my birthday in the Fall.

OneInAMillion

yasjencon2 said:
I want to join (sortof). I have never did this before and my hair is on a nice streak so I am going to break this up into mini challenges (12 weeks at a time) with hopes of going 6 months. I am about 6 wks post and I relax EVERY 6 weeks.

I will re-evaluate at the 3 month mark and as long as I am not seeing any setbacks then I will keep going. I have FULL intentions of making it to 6 months which would put me at mid Sep. I would really like to be BSL by my birthday in the Fall.

I think breaking it into mini challenges will be the best thing. Just keep evaluating and decide what's best for your hair and what your goals are. Good luck!

CurleeDST

I think everyone sh/ discontinue chemicals at least once in their adult life to get reacquainted with their natural texture.

chayil0427

Aaah...how I admire you all for sticking with this challenge. I see some healthy new growth! Congrats to all of you!

Chayil

chayil0427

lauren450 said:
I'm almost 4 months post. I have about 1.5 inches of newgrowth, and it's really pretty. There are some coils, some kinks, and some waves, which surprised me. I think pregnancy may have changed my texture in a couple of places. I'm not thinking about going natural yet, though. I still have some hair goals to meet. But it is nice to stretch and not think about my next relaxer.

I'm not having as many issues as I thought I would. I'm rollersetting as usual, and flatironing my roots. They don't get straight, but they get straight enough to blend in with my texlaxed hair.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get them uploaded!

uuuh, I'm so bumbed I dropped outta this challenge. Now I wanna do it! I'm gonna buy a good flat iron and dive in...I'm even considering transitioning. I used to think relaxed hair was easier to care for, but it's so iffy...sometimes it goes well sometimes it's over/under processed...some relaxers make my hair dull ... I'm really wondering what my new growth would look like at 3 or more inches just flat ironed...I honestly think it would look healthier than my relaxed hair despite how much energy I put into conditioning my relaxed hair.

Lauryn you're so insprining...I may have to give this challenge a whirl after all!

Chayil