Do I smell a Challenge? Relaxed Heads: RU ever curious about ur natural texture?

prettypuff1

i am 11 weeks post already and i am stretching until the end of May. Dear lord i need some help with this cuz i am DYING to relax......

OneInAMillion

I'm so glad you're all interested in this. You don't know how much I think about going natural, but don't mention it because I'm not sure if I'm ready to let go of straight hair. This should be fun. If I could stretch until Sept. (one year) I might feel like really going for it. I'm gonna try my hardest :cool: .

baglady215

Ok, the REAL TEXTURE CHALLENGE is officially on and poppin!!!

nvy, I have no idea what I'm going to do come 12+ weeks. That's the longest I've ever gone (without braids). I guess I have to figure it out when I get there.

Radianthealth

I already know what my texture is like. I will be stretching for 6 months this time around though. I am on week 13 or 14 right now. My next relaxer will be in Mid May for my 1 year anniversary.

chayil0427

Yaaaaaaaaaaay I'm glad so many people are interested in doing this with me. Y'all gonna have to give me some support cause I'm already pinching my new growth and wondering if I'll make it LOL. Post your tips on stretching for the newbie stretchers like me.

Chayil

Lynnerie

Count me in. I wanna stretch until I reach my goal of APL. Then I might decide whether or not to go natural. So lets get it started ladies. I always wanted to know what my mom had to go through using a brush, cup of water, and blue grease. :lol: I know that brings back memories.

candie19

I'm only 3 months post relaxer, but the nape of my neck is a wilderness. I am wearing an instant wig until Jun. I am following KiniKakes tutorial and it seems to be working. I don't have to comb my hair at all so my new growth is being bothered. So far so good.

Ms_Twana

cluelessaka said:
Count me in. I wanna stretch until I reach my goal of APL. Then I might decide whether or not to go natural. So lets get it started ladies. I always wanted to know what my mom had to go through using a brush, cup of water, and blue grease. :lol: I know that brings back memories.

I know that's right!!! :lol: I remember that!!!! Those were the days!!!! :lol:

Country gal

Even with stretching, I don't feel you get a true sense of your natural hair texture. I really didn't know what my natural hair was long until I was almost completely natural like several months worth.

chayil0427

lauren450 said:
I'm in! My last relaxer was December 28, 2006, so that takes me to June 28, 2007.:eek: :D

That's an interesting point. How far post is everyone? I'm a few days past 6 weeks. Six months will take me to July 10th. My stylist is gonna kill me LOL.

Chayil

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
chayil0427 said:
That's an interesting point. How far post is everyone? I'm a few days past 6 weeks. Six months will take me to July 10th. My stylist is gonna kill me LOL.

Chayil

Almost 28 weeks I think. But I agree with the others that it will probably take longer than 6 months for your true texture to show itself. I did a mini chop on the back in December (so that part is completely natural) and the texture of my hair right after the chop is way different than what it is today.

ohsosuzy

I've been curious for quite a while about my natural texture. I got my last touch up in late Decemeber so if I can make it to the end of March without a relaxer and major damage then I'll join.

prettypuff1

i am about 11 weeks post.. my hair is doing something odd. right now it is coming in coily, like 3c.. But the first time i went natural, it came in as 4zzzzz why. This may be the catalyst to try natural again

angellazette

Country gal said:
Even with stretching, I don't feel you get a true sense of your natural hair texture. I really didn't know what my natural hair was long until I was almost completely natural like several months worth.

Yeah thats true. You never really know your texture for sure until the relaxed ends are gone since that weighs/stretches the hair down...orrrr maybe until you have LOTS of NG!

OneInAMillion

chayil0427 said:

Chayil

A little over 5 months post here, so that takes me to March. But I'm going to try my hardest to stick it out through early summer with everyone else :D !

ITA with CountryGal & Angelazette though....I've stretched to 6 months before, and I still don't know exactly what my natural hair will look like. That's why I want to try to go 10 months+:look: . I get the best idea of what my natural hair will look like by looking at my mom and my sister's hair, when wet at least. I'm in between the two of them. Who knows, I may even cut my nape to see my natural strands. This is gonna be fun!

chayil0427

Yea, I'm having a growth spurt and the ng in the back of my hair is puuuuuuuurty thick. Yet, it's way too early in the game to start whining...I've got till what July 10th. :lol: Better get some S-Curl. Towards the end I might have to get braids ... I dunno...we'll see.

So you guys don't think 3 inches of NG is enough to get an idea what your natural texture is?

Chayil

cneal

good luck with this one ladies...i did a 18month stretch and gave up. granted i loved the natural curls and waves which were excellent for the hot summer months, but i got tired of not being able to wear my hair straight without my roots getting poofy.

baglady215

Bump...

And how is everyone doing? I'm handing my NG pretty well. I was underprocessed a bit last time, so I feel a little more than 3 weeks post.

Southernbella.

I'm just 9 weeks post. I've got about half an inch of newgrowth. I'm going to start doing braidouts again and only do rollersets when I want to wear it straight. That way, I can give the flatiron a rest.

OneInAMillion

baglady215 said:
Bump...

And how is everyone doing? I'm handing my NG pretty well. I was underprocessed a bit last time, so I feel a little more than 3 weeks post.

LOL I'm struggling already. Today it was humid, and I realized that having two textures was really a pain again. I can only deal with this over the winter months I suppose!

I need to make it until AT LEAST May. If I see breakage though, I'm out :look: .

BeetleBug

I'm in. I want to stretch to till I reach my goal of apl. and by the looks of it, that will be some time away. I already am starting to like my new growth now but i am curious to know how it will look like after a couple of months.

locabouthair

im not gonna do this because i was natural for four years. I've only been relaxed for 6 months so i have a good idea of what my natural texture looks like. good luck to everyone who is doing this. use that s curl like ya life depends on it. lol

malibu4590

I'm really thinking about joining this challenge. I'm already about 10 weeks post and the ng is coming in with these beautiful soft curls :eek: . I had no clue my hair texture could be like that. I'm sure braids and sew-in weaves would make this challenge a breeze but my occupation wouldn't allow it. I've been stretching this relaxer with phony ponys and buns and it hasn't been that bad. No Scurl - just some dove leave-in mist, sweet almond oil, and shea moisture leave-in - and I've been good to go. Excellent thread! I won't officially join but i'll see how i feel at 14 weeks post!:grin:

bablou00

I told myself I wasnt going to join anymore challenges cause I fail them all. But since I planned on trying to stretch for 6mos I might as well jump in on this one. I did 4mos and it really wasnt that bad. Of course I had days when I wanted to cry my eyes out do to tangling but overall my hair grew and its a little thicker. I hope to reach APL with this next stretch but if not I'm not going to sweat it. As long as its healthy I dont care about length :)

OneInAMillion

bablou00 said:
I told myself I wasnt going to join anymore challenges cause I fail them all. But since I planned on trying to stretch for 6mos I might as well jump in on this one. I did 4mos and it really wasnt that bad. Of course I had days when I wanted to cry my eyes out do to tangling but overall my hair grew and its a little thicker. I hope to reach APL with this next stretch but if not I'm not going to sweat it. As long as its healthy I dont care about length :)

I can totally relate, and now I don't feel so bad :lol: ! So far, in '07 my hair challenges have been a complete flop. I wanna wear my hair down all the time so I failed the hide your hair. Bootcamp...let's just say I fell off sometimes in early Feb. near my bday where my pass became a season pass :lachen: .

But back to stretching, I honestly think that since my main goal is length right now, I may have to relax shortly after the 6 month mark (after next week). Sorry ladies, I just got nervous because I think I may be losing too much hair during rollersets. That's usually when I know to call it a quits. I will try my best to make it to at least 7 months (next month), but I don't want to loose any thickness.

Good luck ladies...and no more challenges for me because I just fail them all :lol:

chayil0427

Ok, I gotta make a confession. Please don't beat me. I relaxed my hair!:sekret: .

See what happened was LOL. My hair is just now starting to turn around and do exactly what I've been dreaming of it doing for so long. So I wanted to keep things going. So, I broke down and relaxed well texlaxed.

I really want you ladies to keep going with the challenge even though your fearful leader has fallen. :poke: Baglady215 I'm turning the challenge over to you. May you prevail with all certainty!

Please still love me even though I'm a big fat failure LOL.

Chayil