Do I really need a ceramic iron???

MWilson569

There's a lot of hype about ceramic irons. But, I am pretty happy with my gold n' hot flat iron. It gets my hair straight. But, I will switch to ceramic if the gold n' hot is more damaging to my hair. Are there any bad effects of using a gold plated flat iron??? -Melissa

I prefer my Jilbere ceramic iron to my Gold N Hot one. It realy does leave the hair smoother and shinier. It's kind of hard to believe until you see it for yourself because I really was satisfied with the Gold N Hot before I tried the Jilbere and saw how much better it was.

I love Gold N Hot as well...I think I may try the Jilbere. I tried the Jilbere combs and fell in love with them!

I think the Jilbere ceramic iron leaves my hair feeling silkier and softer than the last regular curling iron I had that burned the ends of my hair off. I looked like this
antlers.gif
for the rest of the year. My hair feels more moisturized now.
smile.gif

The ceramic irons are the best. As posted above, they distribute heat evenly and leave hair silky with lots of shine. I can personally testify to that because I have natural hair and when I use the Jilbere ceramic flat iron to straighten my hair it looks as though I got a relaxer.
Try it for yourself. You will love it.

Ive been DROOLING over the Rusk Ceramic mini iron. Someone here (that works at a bss) recommended it...it looks good but costs $135.00....sigh....

It is so worth it. I flat iron my hair weekly, and it is far less stressful on my hair than my Gold N Hot.
Try looking on ebay, sometimes you can can find a great, never used iron for a good price.

Do you guys find that a more expensive ceramic flat iron is better than a cheaper one?

I purchased a Conair ceramic curling iron a few months ago and it's great for only $17.99 and it has 30 heat settings. I will probably buy the Conair ceramic flat iron for the next time I straighten my hair and it's the same price. Just wondering if anyone's noticed a difference with prices?

alot of the ceramic flat irons are actually metal with ceramic coating. the rusk and salono have real ceramic plates. they both cost around 140.

I have the Conair ceramic flat iron that I bought from Wal-Mart and it is ceramic coated. It works better than my gold-n-hot one so I will continue to use it.

But I do plan to by a real one in the near future, probably from Sallys.

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
I have a Chi Turbo 2" Ceramic Flat iron and it's worth every penny and lives up to all the hype! I love this iron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how your hair turned our with it. How much was your CHI Turbo Ceramic Iron and does it really repel humidity? If so, how does it repel humidity?

Thanks for the tip about ceramic coating and real ceramic. I didn't know that! Since I am not planning on straightening for a while, I will make sure to purchase the "real" thing from Sally's or JC Penny's.

What about using a ceramic iron vs. a marcel (stove heated) iron? My friend has a stove that i used once, and it got my hair STRAIGHT. My hair is coarse and it takes HEAT to really get it straight. Would a ceramic get hot enough? I have a Jilbere from Sallys - it's okay, but it's definitely not better than the marcel at straightening my hair. I've also used a Solano and my hair straight laughed at it. Would a chi be worth it?

Hairlove - I'm not really concerned about it being "harmful" - I deep condition and time has shown that my hair can withstand alot of heat. I don't relax or color my hair. I'm looking for the iron that will most effectively straighten my hair - not sure if I should try a Chi or go with the tried and true marcel. Anyone have experience with both?

[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:
My stylist uses the Chi iron, it does repeal humidity. It does so by sealing the hair cuticle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's good to know. Thanks Blaxalrose.
I'm going to look into that Chi iron and see if I can find a really good deal.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Koreanblaq said:
Hairlove - I'm not really concerned about it being "harmful" - I deep condition and time has shown that my hair can withstand alot of heat. I don't relax or color my hair. I'm looking for the iron that will most effectively straighten my hair - not sure if I should try a Chi or go with the tried and true marcel. Anyone have experience with both?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey there. I have tried both. The flat iron wil straightne more effectively if you do them in small sections, and it doesnt straightnen it to the point where it looks thin and the hair sticks together. Now the marcel does get it a tad bit straigther but nothong noticeable. Plus i dont like marcel because my hair smells like heat afterward. But your best bet is to see for yourself. Plus have a friend do the flat iron to acheive a better set if you are so so at it to begin with.

Ayeshia - thanks. The only thing is I WANT my hair to look thin! I have alot of volume, so I need something that gets my hair REALLLLLLY straight so that I don't look like a poof head. I will see if I can find a Chi iron to try out - I think I know a stylist who might use one. The marcel is cheaper tho....it's tempting!!

Back