Do growth products make your scalp itch?

caramelma

I recently started using a new growth product and it always make my scalp itch(nothing serious) when i apply it. Do you think a product is working when it makes your scalp itch? I wash my hair twice a week, so i know that my hair is clean. The product has really good ingredients. its called wondergro mega growth carrot oil.

LongHairDreams

Oh gosh yes. No matter what growth aid I use, my scalp itches. I have to whip out my afro pick to scratch. It doesn't last long....but it feels like its forever.

PureSilver

Girl i'm itching till it pains, the only growth aid that does make me itch nearly as bad id WGO but it's either the itcing or crawlies.:wallbash::wallbash:

2themax

I believe that they do make your scalp itch. I spoke w/ both a health doctor and aureyvedic (excuse spelling) and was told that when you hair grows, there is usually some itching because the scalp is being stimulated. The more it itches, the more it is growing! As long as your scalp is clean and healthy and your taking growth products that are making your scalp itch, I was told that it's because of new growth!

Be thankful, keep massaging & drink lots of water!

2themax

P.S. You wanna feel some itching? Try Biotin. And I know for a fact, this makes the hair and nails grow. The skin will get a bit bumpy, but as long as you take your B-Complex vits, they will go away pretty fast.

LongHairDreams

I believe that they do make your scalp itch. I spoke w/ both a health doctor and aureyvedic (excuse spelling) and was told that when you hair grows, there is usually some itching because the scalp is being stimulated. The more it itches, the more it is growing! As long as your scalp is clean and healthy and your taking growth products that are making your scalp itch, I was told that it's because of new growth!

Be thankful, keep massaging & drink lots of water!

:drunk: :grin: :spinning:...I thought that had to be the case. yay.

caramelma

P.S. You wanna feel some itching? Try Biotin. And I know for a fact, this makes the hair and nails grow. The skin will get a bit bumpy, but as long as you take your B-Complex vits, they will go away pretty fast.
I take biotin(5 mcg) and I do see results of the nails every week and all i can say is that i hope my hair is growing like the nails. I have not had any problems with breakouts. my scalp didnt start itching like this until i started using the wondergro mega growth carrot oil. and by the way I Love this stuff, it smell so good.

2themax

I take biotin(5 mcg) and I do see results of the nails every week and all i can say is that i hope my hair is growing like the nails. I have not had any problems with breakouts. my scalp didnt start itching like this until i started using the wondergro mega growth carrot oil. and by the way I Love this stuff, it smell so good.

Now, don't get scared if the hair starts growing too fast :grin:.. As long as you are seeing nail growth, the hair is growing also. I think that it's just that it's a lot easier to see our nails since they are constantly out in the open. :yep: