Do Bandanas Hold Down Your Frizz?

wyldcurlz

I get poufiness/frizz at the hairline (so bad that if I want to look normal, I have to slick my hair back with water and gel.) Someone recommended that I tie a bandana snuggly around my head and said that will hold it down. Does that work for any of you? Will a bandana cause my hair to lay down flat? (Or just lay down nicely?)

If so, do you think it'd work if I used a bandana during workouts? (because my scalp sweats then frizzes!)

And would it work when I wash? (If I braid my hair and tie the bandana around my hairline?)

Please let me know if tying your hair down has helped your hair lay down flat!

LovelyZ

Tying my hair down with a silky scarf helps tame my edges. I put some hairdress on the hair first, then tie it up. When I unwrap the scarf, hair looks very smooth.

BK Bombshell

I suggest a silk scarf too. I only use bandanas when I'm working out. Cotton absorbs all the moisture from your hair, so I wouldn't sleep with one on.

dreysonsmommy2011

Yes and yes again. I wear my silk/ satin scarf on my hair and then tie the bandana on top of that and it does work. It should also work if you tie it down while working out or after washing also. It also works well on laying down newgrowth. I know cuz my hair is nappy:lol: and just the other day a girl at work asked me if i just got a perm.

wyldcurlz

BK Bombshell said:
I suggest a silk scarf too. I only use bandanas when I'm working out. Cotton absorbs all the moisture from your hair, so I wouldn't sleep with one on.

Good point about the cotton, I forgot about that. I'll use a cotton bandana for workouts and a silk scarf to lay it down on wash days. I'm excited that its working for the 3 of you. Now I'm more likely to try it.

Anyone else??

amy1234

I do this when I want to slick down my edges, but I use a silky/nylon material that is cut into a long rectangle to wrap around my head and tie around the back. Leave it on for about 10min.