Difference Between Alter Ego's Garlic Hot Oil Trtmnt & Garlic MASK Hot Oil Trmnt?

LdyKamz

Was thinking of trying the mask since I've heard good things about it. But I see the Garlic Hot Oil Treatment too and the descriptions both say the same thing. So what is the difference? Are these moisturizing deep conditioners or protein? TIA ladies.

DominicanBrazilian82

I believe a hot oil treatment penetrates your scalp (although it will get on your hair), but a mask penetrates the hair, to condition and strengthen it. It might be a good idea to use them together as a dual treatment (especially if you are finding your hair is shedding a lot).

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DominicanBrazilian82

KammyGirl said:
Are these moisturizing deep conditioners or protein? TIA ladies.

The ingredients list will give you a good idea if it's protein. If protein elements sit higher on the list, I believe it is a deeper protein conditioner. If lower, or not at all, it is probably better suited as a moisturizing DC. I have AE Garlic Mask and it is not one of my protein DC's. I generally go by the ingredients to see how I can use it for my hair.

BioHair Care also makes a nice Garlic Mask and it's half the price.

LdyKamz

I believe a hot oil treatment penetrates your scalp (although it will get on your hair), but a mask penetrates the hair, to condition and strengthen it. It might be a good idea to use them together as a dual treatment (especially if you are finding your hair is shedding a lot).

Hope this helps.

The ingredients list will give you a good idea if it's protein. If protein elements sit higher on the list, I believe it is a deeper protein conditioner. If lower, or not at all, it is probably better suited as a moisturizing DC. I have AE Garlic Mask and it is not one of my protein DC's. I generally go by the ingredients to see how I can use it for my hair.

BioHair Care also makes a nice Garlic Mask and it's half the price.

Hmm interesting. The thing is they both have Hot Oil Treatment in the name. One just says Mask Hot Oil Treatment. Do you think the ingredients list will be different? I'll have to find a site that lists the ingredients to be sure. Off to search. Thanks.