Difference between hot oil treatment & deep conditioning treatment?

AceH

<font color="blue"> What's the difference? When should I deep condition as opposed to do a hot oil treatment? Are they essentially the same thing? Is a hot oil treatment just a FORM of a deep conditioning treatment?

~TIA </font>

AudraChanell

Yes. However, they are different. With a hot oil treatment, you deeply pentrate the hair with whatever type of oil you are using. With deep conditioner, you deeply penetrate your hair with whatever is in the conditioner. Most are done with heat becasue heat makes things expand (cold makes it contract). SO yes, they both "condition" the hair, but the difference is what you are depositing.

Queenie

Hot oil is good when your hair is really dry. The deep conditioning is a good once over for the overall condition of the hair.

AceH

Re: Difference between hot oil treatment & deep conditioning treatment

<font color="blue"> Thanks ladies!</font>

Healthb4Length

I agree with both ladies. I also think that a hot oil treatment only coats the hair and gives it sheen/shine, it isn't as beneficial as a deep treatment that when used with heat opens up hair shaft and deposit proteins as Audra stated.

candycane

Any thoughts on using a deep conditioner then following up with a hot oil treatment?

candycane

Dare~to~Dream

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on using a deep conditioner then following up with a hot oil treatment?

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

The deep conditioner I use contains oils and it acts as a deep treatment and hot oil treatment in one.

Queenie

I do mine at the same time too. I put the conditioner on then oil and sit under the dryer for 20-30 min.

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
I do mine at the same time too. I put the conditioner on then oil and sit under the dryer for 20-30 min.

[/ QUOTE ]

Queenie,

What are your results when you use this method?

candycane

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

The deep conditioner I use contains oils and it acts as a deep treatment and hot oil treatment in one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lanelle what deep conditioner are u using? Does it provide slip and moisture as well?

nijilah

I don't really know the difference, but a hot oil treatment alone doesn't work for my hair. However, when I apply a deep conditioner then an oil, it does wonders.