Did I buy the right henna?

preciousstone

I'm relaxed 4b. I bought henna from the local indian store. I know I'm supposed to get body art quality henna. I attached a pic of it below.

It says Al Aroosa on the box and says 'superior quality henna' as well. The lady at the store said that it was henna for body. She had 2 other hennas that were specifically for hair but nothing on the box said body art quality.

So did I get the right one? And if I did, what am I supposed to do with it now? There are now instructions on the box on how to mix it and stuff.

TIA.

Attachments

• henna.jpg
    henna.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 21

msa

bumping.. anyone use this? and how did you mix it? i tried to go thru the henna thread but it is MAD long..

You need to read that thread. You probably won't get many answers because that thread has so much information and people don't like to repeat themselves. And, it is really helpful to read everyone's experiences.

You can also check curlynikki.com, hennaforhair.com, and naturallycurly.com (in the 4a forum there's a really long thread called "experiences with henna").

So far in my henna research I've pretty much learned that all you really need to do is mix it with water until it's like pudding. You can add other stuff if you want to, but it's not necessary. Also, using lemon juice, acv, and other "terps" tend to dry out people's hair so you may not want to use those the first time around. Make sure you apply it on clean hair that has no product build up and DO NOT FORGET to DC afterward.

moonglowdiva

This henna is just fine if that's what you want. I have use it but I probably won't again because it is very grainy and coarse. I'd rather use Jamila because they sifted it finer. The dye release just fine. It's real henna. BAQ henna.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Here's a search on related posts: Al Aroosa

I remember Mestiza had a bad allergic reaction to it. Here's a link to her post in: Do ya'll henna?

Please do a skin test on your inner arm first: Warnings

ETA: You can also do searches within that huge Henna thread for different info like conditioners, indigo, ingredients, mix, etc.

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

I just add water to my henna and then put in a bit of conditioner. Since it is your first time, keep your mix simple so that you can truly see the results.

If you add too much and all doesn't go well, it will be harder to determine what went wrong with so many ingredients.