Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

u've got to wait a few minutes ( i have no idea how long, i usually put it in my water and go do something) and it will settle. the water will be very slightly cloudy and u will be able to see it settled at the bottom. if u shake it, it will get super cloudy all over again.

My podiatrist has less callous work to do, my feet are still moisturized, my hair is healthy and growing, skin is butter soft, doggie is still limp free. I just ordered more DE as I gave away, sold, used for myself and Puppygurl.
I ordered through Amazon instead of MorethanAlive-works well but I changed vendor because I prefer a chalky taste{similar to the one co-worker started me on} to the more bland version from MoreTA.
I cannot stand the shipping costs, wish it could be found locally.

Last edited:
I'm still faithfully taking my DE, one tablespoon in the morning, the other in the later afternoon. I sleep like a baby every day and can take a nap at the drop of a hat.

How is everyone doing on their DE? I stopped for the past couple months while I did my last detox. I took 1TBS the other night, but none since then.

Starting tonight, I'm going to get back to ingesting my DE in the evenings.

I'm restarting my DE since going natural and my hair feels so different. I don't know if it is the products or the DE. I haven't had natural hair ever feel so soft and silky.

Still doing good. I take it every single day. I have been traveling a lot lately and I bought a plastic bottle from The Container Store and I carry it with me. I put it in my morning OJ and my evening fruit juice.

I've been taking it, faithfully, since February and now, Praise God, I've finally gotten my

sisters on it, too!!

The best news though, is that my nephew, who is a paraplegic and has decubitus ulcers is now on it, too:)

I'm so happy for him! He said he is Not going into 2011 with those horrible sores on him

and I've been telling him that he doesn't have to and now he's on the bandwagon!

To God be the glory!!

On my fourth day taking it... I drink it in my coffee at night... Just one tablespoon... Might increase it to one tablespoon in the morning and again at night... Too soon for visible or physical signs... But I like what I've read about it and thought it was worth trying...

Okay. I just received mine in the mail today but how much has everyone been taking? I was thinking 2 teaspoons in a 20 floz bottle of water. Is that too much? Or should I start off with 1 teaspoon?

Okay. I just received mine in the mail today but how much has everyone been taking? I was thinking 2 teaspoons in a 20 floz bottle of water. Is that too much? Or should I start off with 1 teaspoon?

I'm up to 2 tbs. But I started off with one for maybe 2 weeks. I don't think 2 would be too much to start but expect to be going to the rr regularly. Also u might wanna mix it in something other than water... I mix it it my coffee or hot cocoa.

I got mine off of Ebay for about 8 bucks and free shipping. But make sure it's the food grade kind.

I ended up taking 1 teaspoon and OMG I couldn't even drink the whole bottle of it with water it was so UGH. So I bought some mango sunny d and drink it in that and it is soooo tasty. TMI I never was a person to have BM once a day more like twice a week. Since using this I have been going once a day and have not been constipated. I have been breaking out though (I don't know if this is normal) but so far so good.

BUMP!!! Some of you ladies with the big bags, would you part with a few ounces, so that I can try it and not pay outrageous shipping, please....please...please.....im in Atlanta...TIA

Is anyone getting good growth from taking DE? I read on a previous post taking DE for a long period of time can cause side effects such as sinus problems. Has anyone experience this?

Is anyone getting good growth from taking DE? I read on a previous post taking DE for a long period of time can cause side effects such as sinus problems. Has anyone experience this?
@Nova,
I have been taking DE for about 5 or 6 months now. Not consistently until recently though. After an initial detox period (which I countered by drinking more H2O) I am not having any problems. Regarding your concerns about LTE, I rotate all supplements I take always!! As a rule of thumb so that my body will not get too used to something and to avoid unwanted side effects. Some I do 5 days on weekends off and others 3 weeks on 1 week off. Your local health food store should be able to tell you which supplements to rotate and how or you can pay attention to your body and do what works for you. I have gotten good growth this winter and retained (despite having to trim about 1/2" from using the TT:nono:). My hair usually thrives during the more humid months of summer. I hope this year is no exception. I do need to say I am currently using other growth aids in addition to the DE. They are all supposed to compliment each other.
HTH,
P1

Yep RossBoss,
Me too! I think I am seeing some of the benefits with my skin too. I have far less breakouts etc even as my period approaches. I read somewhere recently to make sure you pair it with MSM or some type of sulfur and a time released vitamin C product to get the most bang for your buck. I have always had dry skin that IMO was not very supple. I have noticed over the past few months a change in that area. I purchased some more DE earlier this week. Gonna give it a full year to reach a final conclusion:yep:.

Anyone else have any updates, info to share?

I was taking ~DE for a while and just remembered after months that it's still there. The bottle doesn't have an expiration date (understandable considering it's used to kill bugs too) but after maybe 7 months do you think it safe to take internally? TIA

Anyone else have any updates, info to share?

I was taking ~DE for a while and just remembered after months that it's still there. The bottle doesn't have an expiration date (understandable considering it's used to kill bugs too) but after maybe 7 months do you think it safe to take internally? TIA

Yes, it is millions of years old anyway. I take mine faithfully every morning in my OJ and I sleep like a baby at night. This is the only thing that has improved my sleep.

@RossBoss what does it do for the litter box? TIA.

During the summer time, small little flies would reproduce in the box, since adding the DE it doesn't happen anymore because the DE kills insects by cutting them and dehydrating them. It also makes the litter clump better and cuts down on the odor.

I purchased DE over a year ago, and used it for about a week. I had to stop using it due to medical reasons, then I got pregnant and forgot that I could use it while preggers.

I started this back up last week, and so far I am definitely seeing results!

I have been taking one heaping teaspoon first thing in the morning with a little water and chasing it down like a shot. I follow that with a cup of water to get thr grit aftertaste out of my mouth.

I will take one or two more teaspoons during the day after a meal (I prefer to do it if i have a heavy meal) and fill up on water throughout the day.

I immediately noticed a change in my energy level, as I am much more alert than usual. I also noticed the aches in my joints (I have tendonitis) have subsided. My skin is also softer, more supple. I have Keratosis Pilaris,a nd I am seeing them fade before my eyes, not drastically, but noticably.

As far as detoxing, I have at least 1 BM a day when I drink enough water. If I am lacking, I get a little constipated so that is my reminder to drink up.

I have been heavily doing research on DE as I like to know exactly what I am up against when trying something new and not widely used and recognized. I'm giving this at leatsd a month of consistent use before I determine if I want to share this with my family, as they are major skeptics.

Glad to be back on DE :yep:

Back