Design ESsentials relaxer....

beana3

short notice post, but i was thinking of picking some of this up today in mild. I checked their website and they claim that their relaxer has time-released straightening which will not overprocess hair...
The following was taken from their website http://www.designessentials.com/Breakage.htm

Q: I am having problems with breaking in the back of my hair. I am taking vitamins. I condition my hair very well. The top part of my hair in the back is longer than the bottom part. What should I do? I have my perms done by a professional.

A: There are some things to consider. It is possible that the relaxer is too strong for the hair that is in the nape area. Ask your stylist to try using a relaxer that is slightly milder than the one she is currently using. Sometimes the hair in the nape can be very fragile yet very resistant and coarse. For this reason it is very easily over processed by a relaxer that is too strong. Design Essentials makes a relaxer called Time Release Special that has a slower processing time allowing the hair to break down slowly helping to prevent over processing. Also insufficient neutralizing can cause breakage. The nape is sometimes difficult to reach when shampooing. Making sure that the neutralizer is evenly distributed to the nape area can help to stop the breakage.

.. I did not ask this question, but come to think of it, it sounds like soemthing i would ask. I wonder what the PH level of this relaxer is in mild..
Is it even possible to have a time released relaxer????? wont the cream just work no matter what as it is placed on the hair??? Maybe it works super slow and they are deeming it "time-released"

pmichael52172

Hey beana3,

Allandra uses Design Essentials and likes it pretty well. She's the detective of hair products so she may be able to give you more detail. Send her a private message or maybe she'll see this post.

My new stylist uses Design Essentials on me too, except she uses their Lo-Lye relaxer. She says the DE relaxers are VERY conditioning and work well on certain hair types. The Lo-Lye I use has shea butter in it. I love it so far.

Allandra

My hair stylist uses Design Essentials lye relaxer for my touch ups, but I'm not sure about the time released thingy. I'll be sure to ask her when I get a touch up in March.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
pmichael52172 said:
Hey beana3,

Allandra uses Design Essentials and likes it pretty well. She's the detective of hair products so she may be able to give you more detail. Send her a private message or maybe she'll see this post.

My new stylist uses Design Essentials on me too, except she uses their Lo-Lye relaxer. She says the DE relaxers are VERY conditioning and work well on certain hair types. The Lo-Lye I use has shea butter in it. I love it so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
bump