DEN1s FIRST ATTEMPT AT AFRO PONYTAIL PUFF (NEW PICS)

Nanyanika

just thought i'd share with everyone..
i tried my first afro ponytail puff on my texturized hair. After performing another Henne colour treatment, i conditioned with Lekair cholesterol cream mixture and rinsed it out after 40 minutes. I allowed my hair to partially dry before adding keracare oil moisturiser and s-curl, I detangled as best as i could, because i had some serious knots on the ends, then and combed through before pulling my hair up into a puff. the results are in my texturized hair album. Please don't laugh!! at the sides, they very rough looking, the top sections of my hair is still quite wet, as i have a lot of regrowth and underprocessed roots.

Last edited:

dreemssold

When I saw the title of the thread, I KNEW it was going to be gorgeous, but my goodness! My jaw literally dropped...your hair looks AMAZING, den :love:!! Great post :clap:!!

Nanyanika

dreemssold said:
When I saw the title of the thread, I KNEW it was going to be gorgeous, but my goodness! My jaw literally dropped...your hair looks AMAZING, den :love:!! Great post :clap:!!

LOL Your making me laugh, thank-you very much, i was a bit nervous about posting the pics because I really wasn't sure whether the puff is suppose look like that.

nicki6

GORGEOUS!!! :eek:
Your hair is always on point! These pics make me wish I lived in London so I could beg you to work on my hair!

toinette

Tricking the president
Dang Den!!! do you ever straighten your hair because it has to at least be 4 inches longer than what we see. It looks amazing!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Okay, I'm stupid!! I didn't see the password in the siggy!! Your hair is beautiful, though! I can't wait till my hair is that big!!!!!

KAddy

Your puff is OUTSTANDING!

Healthb4Length

Okay den1, you make me so sick! lol! Where do I even start? Your hair always be looking tight and the lenght is just amazing! I love the shine that you have too. I'm glad everything is going okay for you, I'm 19 weeks post texturizer and I'm holding up okay. I really like your new album, but most importantly I am happy that everything is working out okay for you and I'm glad to see a smile on your pretty face!

Nanyanika

Nicki: I'm astonished by your compliment, seriously you do not want my hands in your hair, i don't have a clue what to with my own, half the time, so i keep it braids, lol. Thanks again
Toinette: I really wish my hair was at least 4 inches longer, due to shrinkage i can really telll. I usually have a stylist straighten my hair on touch-ups only around every 3-4 months, the reduction of direct heat, helps keep it thicker looking. i'm hoping to acheive even thicker hair by sticking with this method.
Alli77: Your words are so sweet and encouraging!!How are you managing to go 19weeks post touch-up without breakage,? i went 5 months last time and suffered a lot of breakage? can't wait to read your advice.

Thanks for all your kind words!!! you ladies are wonderful.

Healthb4Length

Well, I've been doing Lorraine Masey's no Poo thing for the past 2 weeks. As always I separate the hair in sections when I'm washing it and when I start to see broken off hairs I do an Aphogee or Emergencee treatment. I style my hair in braidout styles and it matches my root texture. I will be getting braids to keep down the breakage as much as possible.

Nanyanika

Thanks for replying to my questions: I also follow a modified version of Lorraine's curly girl routine. i've become so lazy in seperating sections, which is probably why i'm receiving extra breakage. And speaking of Aphogee I did one last week, my hair feels much stronger and thicker. My texture is very tighlty coiled 4a, i must try the braidouts, i wear twists and thay matte terribly especially when i have newgrowth, i think i may switch to wearing cornrows again. thanks for your help and happy growing.

Alli77 said:
Well, I've been doing Lorraine Masey's no Poo thing for the past 2 weeks. As always I separate the hair in sections when I'm washing it and when I start to see broken off hairs I do an Aphogee or Emergencee treatment. I style my hair in braidout styles and it matches my root texture. I will be getting braids to keep down the breakage as much as possible.

Mahalialee4

I'll say it again...Den is a fox and a Diva. How gorgeous is that hair! I think I would love to have her make a hair regime designed especially for me...sigh...Go Den Go! Bonjour

Jenai

Den1, that puff could knock someone out it is so big and beautiful! :shocked:

Oh yeah...I saw you tryin' to be all sexy in that other pic with your hair down and wavy. ;)

j/k :angeldevi

Nanyanika

Mahalialee4: I'd be happy to help with your regime, even though i feel i could learn more from your an expertise on natural hair and receipes.
Gigi: So did i look sexy then? lol honestly i feel and look far from sexy i'm just at the aspiring stage. Nappyme, Audrachell, Peachtree,Tigerlilly
Thanks ladies, for the beautiful words.