Deep Conditioning Tip

JLove74

This is a tip that I have for deep conditioning without sitting under the dryer.

I purchased on of these hair turbans for like $5, get it wet w/hot water, ring out the water, throw in the microwave for a few seconds, and put in on my head over plastic cap and voila deep conditioner.

I was using a regular towel, but that got to be too cumbersome and heavy. This isn't heavy at all and it fits perfectly on my head.

****Note if you order online or get from the store don't get the ones that say aquis. Those are for quick drying. Oh, my sister got her's on eBay for $2!! *****

MizaniMami

Ooh I think that would be purfect for my Macherie-Pre-pooing-Method!

Some Aveda stores give those out for free when you purchase the whole damage remedy set, and I do need to stock up...

manethang

You beat me to this suggestion. I tried it this weekend with some that I purchased from Linens-N-Things and they work like a charm. I use 2 to really keep the steam in and put a plastic cap on top. Much easier to handle and manage than a big towel.

Thanks for reconfirming! Great minds.........:)

LaNecia

manethang said:
You beat me to this suggestion. I tried it this weekend with some that I purchased from Linens-N-Things and they work like a charm. I use 2 to really keep the steam in and put a plastic cap on top.

Linens-N-Things...sounds like a trip is in order after work, I sooooooo hope they have them!!!

I also was thinking about using two with the cap on top...:lol:

Doll

Currently I use a heating cap along with a plastic cap for my DC sessions. Does this method produce better results?

HoneyDew

Sally's has these for like $5.

I have been doing it like this for a few weeks because wet towels can be so heavy.

macherieamour

I have this too:)

I use it for my pre-poo and deep cond. For deep cond, I hop out of the shower really quick, slather conditioner on my head, put this on my head (after having wet it in the hot shower) and I can deep cond in the shower while shaving.

This beats jumping out, sitting under the dryer, jumping back in the shower, etc. Cut down my regimen time significantly:D

Tee

Well I will have to go get one. I am too lazy to pre poo and I have wanted to give it a try. I just wasnt crazy about all the jumping in and out the shower. Thanks ladies!!

Ms_Twana

Oooohhhh my goodness. I was just wondering if there was an alternative to sitting under the dryer for a deep conditioning. I haven't deep conditioned under the dryer for weeks because I have two little boys (5 and 2) and I do not have the time to sit under a dryer for 30 minutes. Thank you very much for the tip!!!!

gradygirl

Thanks for the info. I'll give this a try because I hate having to get under the dryer twice (deep condition and rollerset).

star

JLove74 said:
This is a tip that I have for deep conditioning without sitting under the dryer.

I purchased on of these hair turbans for like $5, get it wet w/hot water, ring out the water, throw in the microwave for a few seconds, and put in on my head over plastic cap and voila deep conditioner.

I was using a regular towel, but that got to be too cumbersome and heavy. This isn't heavy at all and it fits perfectly on my head.

****Note if you order online or get from the store don't get the ones that say aquis. Those are for quick drying. Oh, my sister got her's on eBay for $2!! *****

I use the same turban and use the same method except for I do not put the turban in microwave I just get under the dryer and I put the plastic cap on top. I like this method because it is like a steam treatment.

Last edited:
MizaniMami said:
Ooh I think that would be purfect for my Macherie-Pre-pooing-Method!

Some Aveda stores give those out for free when you purchase the whole damage remedy set, and I do need to stock up...

what is this method?

LovelyLionessa

I love those towel turbans. They're perfect for doing the Macherieamour towel method. I put a shower cap over it to keep the heat in and I'm good to go. :)

Ms_Twana

Okay, how are you ladies keeping the turbie wet/warm?? Do you put it back in the microwave?? Do you wet it again?? If so, after how much time??

Ms_Twana

Okay, how are you ladies keeping the turbie wet/warm?? Do you put it back in the microwave?? Do you wet it again?? If so, after how much time??

AtlantaJJ

O.T. HoneyDew How Was Your Trip???

Did you bring me anything back? ? Where's the pictures???
I've been stocking up on the Fermodyl since they are buy one pack get one free at Sally's I'm cleaning them out girl!! :lol:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

AWESOME TIP!!!!!! Dangit you KNOW I just went to Sally's for my Mebco comb. Now you gone make me go again??? Is there anything ELSE I should know about before I go to sally's again today :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: