Any one heard of deep conditioning this way?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i was looking at deep conditioners and i noticed the hte instructions for the La Plancha deep heat reconstructor has these additional instructions in the bold

Directions: This product can be applied in three different ways depending on your particular needs: 1st Option: Apply La Plancha after shampoo, leave in hair for 3 to 5 minutes, rinse with warm water style as usual. 2nd Option: For moderate conditioning, shampoo and towel dry hair. Apply La Plancha from scalp to ends, wrap hair in plastic cap and place under dryer or blower for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water. Style as usual. 3rd Option: For deeper conditioning and intensive hair repair, after shampooing apply La Plancha, divide hair into sections, wrap each section in aluminum foil. Proceed to heat each section with a professional hair ceramic iron for 30 seconds. Rinse with warm water style as usual.

has anyone done this or is willing to try? what difference would it make?

MsChelle

I have heard of doing that before. I think it was in regards to the same product too. I have never tried it. Please post your results if you do.

faithVA

The LHCF member that is the maker of HydraTherma Naturals has a YT video showing how this is done. I'm not sure of her LHCF name but if you look up HydraTherma Naturals on YT you should find the video.

Legally Natural

Yes, I saw it both from Moptop and HydraThema Naturals. I tried it at the end of the year and it works really well. I recommend this as a technique to try every couple of months because it really helped to moisturize my hair before I straightened my hair. It should not be done all the time though.

.:Eden:.

I've heard of it as well, but saw in the comment section of MopTopMaven's vid of people saying they tried it and experienced heat damage. Personally I would not try this, too risky.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
hmm interesting. it looks like alot of work. i think i will stick to sitting under the dryer

manter26

I've heard of it as well, but saw in the comment section of MopTopMaven's vid of people saying they tried it and experienced heat damage. Personally I would not try this, too risky.

I haven't tried it, but 30 secs of heat doesn't seem long enough to cause heat damage. I would be willing to give it a try. I assume the foil keeps the heat in and concentrated since it won't get hot.

Fhrizzball

can you get the same effect as having aluminum foil in your hair and then just sitting under a dryer?

Nonie

I haven't tried it, but 30 secs of heat doesn't seem long enough to cause heat damage. I would be willing to give it a try. I assume the foil keeps the heat in and concentrated since it won't get hot.

manter26 Heat damage doesn't happen just because of length of heat application, speed of heat conduction could mean temperature of hair raises faster even for a short exposure so that you get to burning temperatures in no time.