Deep condition question

MaleiahT

Ok when I deep condition, should I be looking for a product specifically designed for deep conditioning? Or is it ok to use a "regular" conditioner(right now I have Kenra) and let it sit for an hour or so? Thanks

Jade21

It just depends on your own personal preference.

I've done both and have been pleased. There are plenty of "regular" conditioners which can be used for deep conditioning purposes. And, there are some great deep conditioners named as such which are good choices, too.

~Jade~

lunalight7

I agree w/ Jade. Most of my condits are meant to be 'instant' but I leave on longer, w/ a plastic cap, w/ or w/o heat, etc. to make them deep condits.

northernbelle

I use the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. It is "deep penetrating for maxiumum hydration."

Anyway, the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner does not state a recommended wait time before rinse out. Therefore, I gathered that one should leave it on for as long as she believed nececessary/appropriate.

Me? I leave on for approx. 30 minutes. I normally sit under my hood dryer. Today, however, I combed the conditioner through from the roots to the ends, and applied my plastic cap, without the hood dryer. I wanted to assess the ability of my body's heat to condition my hair.

I will let you all know how I fared.

northernbelle

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hairlove,

I don't have any luck with the Kenra MC when I leave it in for more than a few minutes. Maybe I am using too much. About how much do you use?

inthepink

Supergirl,

What do you mean by not having any luck? Do you mean it doesn't seem any better than putting it on and rinsing right away? I noticed with heat, it seems to penetrate a little more. I tend to use a lot of conditioner...not so it's dripping..but enough to cover every strand of hair. I also comb it through.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Well,

When I leave it on for a few minutes (like 2 to 5) --I get more slip and manageability than when I try to leave it on for a long time (up to 30 minutes). I've never tried it with heat though. Maybe that's the strategy for leaving it on a long time, hmmm...

northernbelle

Ladies,

My experiment with the Kenra MC worked!

I applied it, combed it through, and placed the plastic cap on my head, and waited 30 minutes.

Worked like a charm!

Supergirl, I usually apply two to two and one-half dollops worth of the Kenra MC, and *really* work it in to the ends and the weak/fragile areas.

I like the Kenra MC. But, I am always on the lookout for recs.!

northernbelle

FLAME

I used motion's Moisturizing Conditioner. I first did a hot oil treatment with african best oil, then used the conditioner on wet hair and sat under the dryer for 15min.
Oh my goodness. ladies after I washed this out of my hair, I let out a squeal
... I couldn't believe how wonderful, hydrated, moisturized and baby soft my hair felt..

I'm smiling now just reminiscing.
I think I found something my hair loves.