Help with Baggying ends

Nanyanika

Henrietta said:
Hey girl i also abused my hair for years. The hair on my head is very weak from constant full head relaxers and putting sew in weaves one after the other, with no break in between literally (i'd go to hair dressers who would take off old weave, relax full head then put in new weave...repeat cycle in four weeks)
This should give you an idea how bad my hair is damaged. I'm not sure that my hair needs protein (its very brittle and thin) and not sure of it needs moisture either:confused:
I am trying to make up with my hair but it's not:mad: speaking to me.
You need to alternate between light protein and moisturising treatments, moisturise and protect your hair as much as possible, and gradually trim away damage. try to stay away from heat.

MzOptimistic

MizaniMami said:
I think your ends are too wet when baggying.

When I baggie I don't add a water moisturizer, unless they are intensely dry. I think you should try a cream, seal with an oil, then baggy. IMO your hair should not be wet when you wake only very moisturized.

Leave the infusium, and try a cream or conditioner. I use Profective Break Free and it gets the job done.

I agree, I use Profective Health Ends or EQ Mango Butter and NTM serum, coconut oil or vaseline then baggie and when I take my baggie off, it is very moisturized and dry real soft with a little juice still in it...:)

princezz

Hi everyone!! I have been on this site for a while now, but i just became a full active member!! I am on a mission to get bra strap lenghth by jan 2007. So i am trying all i can to retain length, so if baggying helps, I am down!! MizaniMami i remember you had a really good technique for baggying, how can i find it? This is prob a dumb ? but i dont know how to navigate this site that well yet. Thanks Ladies!!:)

MizaniMami

princezz said:
Hi everyone!! I have been on this site for a while now, but i just became a full active member!! I am on a mission to get bra strap lenghth by jan 2007. So i am trying all i can to retain length, so if baggying helps, I am down!! MizaniMami i remember you had a really good technique for baggying, how can i find it? This is prob a dumb ? but i dont know how to navigate this site that well yet. Thanks Ladies!!:)

I have a bootleg method in my fotki which is found in my profile.

ETA: Welcome!!!

C

chica_canella

den1 said:
I moisturise the length of my ponytail first with a creme moisturiser profectiv Roothealth and seal with cocnut oil, before twisting the length into a secure bun, i coat the baggy with a good amount of coconut oil, i just use enough for my hair to marinate in. Baggying, keeps the length of hair moisturised thus reducing dryness which inevitably leads to breakage, this means you will retain length. You should see results after a few days. i tend to leave mine on everyday all day until i wash my hair.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I really, really appreciate and will start to do this once I take out my braids. Now all I have left to do is find out if those CPA clips can be put into a bun.:look:

carmella25

I have been doing the baggie method with plastic wrap for almost 4 years now. It has help my hair grow so much. I conditioner wash my hair every day. I use to use deep conditoner with vasaline but it clogged up my bath drain now I just use the cholesterl deep conditoner or le kair on my pony tail while wet, infusium 23 conditioner or silk elements. But when I do have deep conditoner on hand thats what I prefer to use.

Ladyhenri

den1 said:
You need to alternate between light protein and moisturising treatments, moisturise and protect your hair as much as possible, and gradually trim away damage. try to stay away from heat.

Thanks for this Den
I have started treating my hair good (thanks to LHCF) and have :kiss:ed my blow drier good bye.
I really hope to have healthy hair, but i guess i'll have to be patient. A Majority (if not all) of the hairs on my head are damaged. I hope to see strong healthy hairs on my head....but this will def take a while:look:

Ladyhenri

Thanks for the replies girls:lachen:

Mizani- I just checked out your fotki girl....lovely hair!!

I found your tips on air drying and baggying very very helpful. Will be tweaking my regime pronto!!

pistachio

Hi Ladies,
I have been baggying my ends for a while now, (about 10 days) and so far so good; Only i noticed something alarming today. Whenever i take down the baggy (which i do daily) My hair is still very damp and when i try to touch my hair for whatsoever reason, more than 13 long broken strands come out.:eek: This may sound funny ( ie that i'm worrying over these few hairs), but this has happened whenever i check on the hair in the baggy and my little pony is sad enough as it is.:cry3:

Please help if you have any good recommendations for baggying hair.

• What products do you use on your ends?
coconut oil
  • Is your hair Damp (From Products) or Dry when going into the Baggy?
dry
  • If dry do you let your hair dry before baggying?
yes
  • Is it normal to have hair that is very weak when you check on it?
IMO I'd say so

i know how to put my hair in a baggy i just wonder if i am doing it wrong. My hair is growing well but seems to be breaking still.
Heeeeelllp!!!