Daily Moisturizers

Jalehia

Does anyone have any suggestions on products that are light enough to use daily and give your hair a lot of moisture. I recently purchased ORS jojoba oil (solid form) to use on my hair after I air dry it, but it is very heavy and greasy. When I scratch my head it ends up all over my hands. I'm looking for something very light that doesn't make your hair stiff and feel hard and rough. In a few weeks when I get my relaxer I'm getting some inches cut off of my hair and I want to make sure I care for it properly. If anyone knows of any products please respond. Thanks

Take a look at ORS Carrot Oil and QP Mango Butter. I haven't tried Aveda Humectant Pomade, but a lot of people here seem to like it. Another good one (but hard to find outside the Carolinas) is Natural Island Hair and Scalp Nutrient. cornrowsandco.com sells an almost identical product called Island Citrus Pomade. Beeswax is the very last ingredient and it goes on smooth and dry instead of wet and greasy. And it smells like a fresh grapefruit! /images/graemlins/lick.gif

Hi
I just got a new stylist. She recommended Mizani's Confiderm Scalp oil. She gave me a relaxer and put it in.. it's very light and very good! BUT it's a bit expensive -- $14 for a 2 oz. bottle.. A little goes a long way..

Hi Allandra,
What are the ingredients in the pomade? I've been searching for this prod on 'the net (I love Aura's Cherry Almond Conditioner!), but have only found a description of it, not an ingredient list. When I think 'pomade' I think of a very heavy, greasy, almost wax-like substance. Is this true of this product? Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

We discussed this a few days ago but I couldn't get the exact post to show up on top the way I wanted to so I just cut and paste the ingredients from Sassygirls' post:

Aura ingredients are:
water, oleth-10, peg-25, hydrogenated castor oil, caprylic/capric triglycerides, glycerin, oleth-20, isopropyl myristate, sorbitol, fragrance, basil oil, lavender oil, ascorbic acid, panthenol, methylparaben, dmdm hydantoin.

Back