Daily moisturizer that wont revert natural hair?

GeorginaSparks

I have a straight weave installed with hair left out in front. I'm transitioning so the top half is relaxed and bottom half is natural. I blow dried and flat ironed after washing and haven't moisturized in the past week :eek: (I know I need a spanking for that)

Tonight, I applied my megatek mix on scalp then proceeded to use CJ smoothing lotion on hair and my roots just went from 1a to 4c!!!
Is there a daily moisturizer that's oil based that will maintain the straightened roots??? I just bought sabino moisture block and can't wait to use it for my next wash.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

When wearing straight hair my moisture comes from products used just before blow drying (DC, heat protectant). Once my hair is straight I have not encountered a liquid or cream moisturizer that does not put you at risk for reversion. I typically use oil only once my hair is straight.

If you absolutely have to use a moisturizer consider using a very small amount then putting your hair in rollers immediately so that it maintains some smoothness.

IDK, I think the last time I got a blowout last November (I was transitioning so I really did mostly my ends come to think of it) I used a little NTM (very little dab) with some one 'n' only Argan Oil. I am getting a blow out again in a couple of weeks for the first time as a natural and I plan to break down some raw shea butter with coconut oil, but I don't know it as a sure thing, so I can't really say. I plan to use it lightly because I hate my hair to be super weighed down.

ETA:

If you find something, please report back and let us know :)

Ok I think I have NTM. I was thinking of using oils but my hair gets greasy after a few days and I'm light handed.
I will also order the qhemet and will report back.

Last edited:
Just curious; wouldn't an oil-based moisturizer have an oil as the first ingredient? NTM has water as first ingredient. Someone correct me if im wrong.

I use Aveda Universal Styling Cream. It doesn't revert my hair and my hair feels soft and moisturized. You just need a few dabs and the bottle last a looonng time.

Hydroquench's Greaseless Moisture did not make my hair revert. There is a large thread regarding this line, that is sold on Etsy. You only need a small amount. I also like Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Pumpkin Potion Leave In Conditioner. It is hard to find, maybe discontinued. But if you do it is awesome. I have one bottle left, that I use sparingly.

I like Keracare Butter Cream. I usually apply it and then wrap my hair or twist it (depending on how I will be wearing it)

growthlotion.jpg

I use this on my flat ironed hair. You don't need a lot of it and it actually moisturizes and keeps my hair straight.

I can use any type of moisturizer on flat ironed hair as long as I stretch my hair while the moisturizer drys (wrapping or bunning).

I've heard a lot of suggestions about the keracare butter cream. I got the hair milk what's the difference?

Back