Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
September 24, 2012

Devotional:

From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which
every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of
every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Ephesians 4:16 (KJV)

Ephesians and Colossians emphasize that no human being, or even group of
human beings, is head of the Church. Jesus is head of the Church. He sets
our direction. He is our example. He is our goal for ministry. In addition,
Jesus also arranges us in his Body as he chooses, gives us gifts to use to
bless each other and God, and holds us together so that we can effectively
serve as his presence in the world. So let's set our hearts on Jesus. Let's
use his life and love to inspire us and show us how to serve. Let's give him
our allegiance and loyalty. He alone is head of his Body, the Church. Let's
let him lead!

PRAYER:

Righteous Father, thank you for Jesus. Thank you for his example, service,
obedience, love, and sacrifice. Thank you for his resurrection, exaltation,
power, and presence today in your Church and in my life. Father, please use
me, and my brothers and sisters in Christ with me, to do his work in our
world and share your grace with all who are lost. In the name of the Lord
Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer
hunger. Proverbs 19:15 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
September 25, 2012

Devotional:

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
(KJV)

Do you remember what Jesus said when he came walking on the water to his disciples during the storm? He literally told them, "Do not fear, I Am." In the presence of the holy and awesome Son of God, we don't have to be afraid.
God's grace to us in Jesus takes away our need for fear because Jesus'
sacrifice makes us holy, without fault, and free from any charge against us (Colossians 1:21-22). Our response? Love! We love our Father for who he is, for what he has done, for his great sacrifice for us, and most of all, for making us holy and taking away our fear.

PRAYER:

Dear Father in heaven, you are holy, awesome, and glorious. These are things I could never be without your grace, yet you have chosen to give me these blessings through the sacrifice of your Son Jesus. Thank you. I love you. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Wisdom:

How much better [is it] to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver! Proverbs 12:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
September 26, 2012

Devotional:
Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:27-28 (KJV)

God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live up to the righteous demands of the Law. When we are broken and sinful, God buys our salvation by sending Jesus and having him pay the debt of our sin. We have nothing to boast about except the overwhelmingly generous grace of God and the incredible sacrificial love of our Savior, Jesus.

PRAYER:
Thank you, Father, for redeeming me from the righteous judgment of the Law. Thank you, Jesus, for paying my debt for sin. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for cleansing me and making me holy. Thank you, God, for your incredible grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
How much better [is it] to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver! Proverbs 16:16 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
Serptember 27, 2012

Devotional:

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, Galatians 4:19 (KJV)

What was Paul's goal for the new Christians he worked with? He wanted them to come to full maturity in Christ (see Colossians 1:28-29). He knew the Holy Spirit would help them in this process if they would focus their hearts on Jesus and seek to reflect Jesus' character in their lives (2 Corinthians 3:18). So as we go through our daily activities, let's honor his goal -- let's let Jesus come to life in us.

PRAYER:

Holy and Righteous God, may the presence of Jesus increase in my attitude, behavior, and speech and may what is worldly and warped decrease. May this be true today, but even more, dear Father, may it be more clearly seen each day. In the name of my Savior and goal, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

He becometh poor that dealeth [with] a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich. Proverbs 10:4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
September 28, 2012

Devotional:

Now unto God and our Father [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen. Philippians
4:20 (KJV)

When was the last time that you prayed and didn't request things from God and you simply thanked and praised him? Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for anything; just praise and thank the Father! Praise him for who he is, what he has done, and what he is going to do! Thank him for blessing you, saving you, and bringing you into his glory! Let today be a day of thanks and praise.

PRAYER:

You are worthy, dear Father, of every word of praise my imagination can find and every word of thanks my tongue can pronounce. You are glorious, majestic, holy, mighty, and awesome. You are patient, forgiving, sacrificial, loving, and tender. You are more than I can imagine and closer than my very breath. Your greatness exhausts my vocabulary and your generosity overwhelms my heart. Please be glorified in my every thought, deed, and word. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Wisdom:

A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised. Proverbs 12:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
September 29, 2012

Devotional:
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. 1 John 4:21 (KJV)

Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our kinfolks in the Lord are just down right hard to love because they can be so difficult. But, we need to remember who we were when Christ died for us -- powerless, ungodly, sinners, enemies (Romans 5:6-11) -- yet God loved us and sent Jesus to save us. So before we whine about our "hard-to-live-with" fellow Christians, we had better give thanks that God loved us when we were sinners. Then we need to thank God for his grace by being more loving with each other.

PRAYER:
Almighty God, please give me the strength, compassion, and courage to love my fellow Christians as you have loved me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The words of a talebearer [are] as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. Proverbs 18:8 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 1, 2012

Devotional:

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24 (KJV)

God seeks true worshipers. He seeks those who long to praise him authentically and spirit to spirit. To help us in our quest, he gives us his Spirit to help us worship (Philippians 3:3; Jude 20; Romans 8:26-27). Most of all, he wants us to genuinely worship him -- worship him according to his will and with all of our heart.

PRAYER:

Loving Heavenly Father, thank you for your Holy Spirit who is interceding even now to perfect this prayer. My heart thrills at the knowledge that you not only know me, but that you desire me to come into your presence. Please accept my feeble words and hear the emotion of my heart as I say "Thank you!" for all you have done for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. Proverbs 10:12
(KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 2, 2012

Devotional:

And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. Mark 4:24-25 (KJV)

"O be careful little ears what you hear ... for the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little ears what you hear." God doesn't want to just be heard aloud; he wants his Word to enter our systems and change our lives. The more we receive the blessing of God's words, the more it should change us. If it doesn't, the problem isn't with the message but with the listener!

PRAYER:

Please open my eyes, my ears, my heart, and my mind, dear Father, so that I can appropriate your message into my life. Bless me, please, dear Father, so that what I hear in your word is seen in my life. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but [he that is] slow to anger appeaseth strife. Proverbs 15:18 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 3, 2012

Devotional:

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. Romans 4:25 (KJV)

Why are the Cross and the Empty Tomb so important? Because everything important and truly lasting in life depends upon them!

PRAYER:

Thank you, dear Father, for paying such an awful price for cleansing me of my sins. Thank you, precious Savior, for sacrificing everything to save me.
Thank you, Holy Spirit, for cleansing me and living inside me to conform me to Christ. In his name, Jesus of Nazareth, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 4, 2012

Devotional:

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:26-27 (KJV)

Pent up anger is an explosion waiting to happen. Sooner or later, the pent up frustration will explode, either in our own life or into the life of someone else. Jesus taught us to forgive and to reconcile (Matthew 18).
Anger must be dealt with. Otherwise the devil will use it to abuse us as well as others in our lives. Don't give him a foothold in your life. If you give him an inch (2.54 cm), he'll take a mile (1.61 km)!

PRAYER:

Father in heaven, thank you for the ability to get angry at the things that anger you. Please help me channel that emotion in ways that are productive and help me to be repulsed at evil. Please stir my heart to reconciliation, especially when that anger is against one of your children. By the power of your Holy Spirit, help me to forgive as you have forgiven me. In the name of Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod [is] for the back of him that is void of understanding. Proverbs 10:13 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 5, 2012

Devotional:
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. Proverbs 4:27 (KJV)

When I see someone swerving in and out of their lanes of traffic, I immediately go into a defensive driving mode. Whether they are drunk, sleepy, or just plain careless, I know they are dangerous. God wants us to know the same is true of us when we allow ourselves to wander by and sample every form of temptation available. Let's stick to the straight and narrow with our eyes firmly fixed on Jesus!

PRAYER:
Loving Father, please forgive me for being so easily distracted by sinful temptations. Please give me wisdom to see the things that the evil one has designed for me and avoid them and resist them. Please make Jesus, his costly sacrifice, and his holy life very real to me today, and every day, as I seek to be your holy child in the corrupt world in which I live. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He that hath knowledge spareth his words: [and] a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Proverbs 17:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 6, 2012

Devotional:
For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. Acts 4:28 (KJV)

The cross of Golgotha, the sacrifice of Jesus for our sin, was no after-thought, mistake, or revised formula. Jesus came as God's anointed, his holy Messiah, to die for the sins of the people and bring life and immortality to us. Those who were evil and conspired to kill him to keep their place and their position were doing only what God knew they would do; he just ransomed what was intended for evil by a few and made it the source of salvation for all.

PRAYER:
Almighty God and loving Father, thank you for your awesome sacrifice that fulfills your demand for justice and allows you to dispense your rich mercy and grace. Thank you Jesus, in whose name I pray, for your loving sacrifice, your holy example, and your promise to return for me. Amen.

Wisdom:
He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch. Proverbs 11:28 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 8, 2012

Devotional:
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find [him], if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 (KJV)

When was the last time you truly searched after God? I'm not talking about an obscure theological insight about God or another best selling book about God. When was the last time you sought after the Father so that you could know him better and appreciate him more? Let's open our hearts and go on the Great Quest to find God. Like the prodigal son in Luke 15, we will find he's waiting and watching for us to come home!

PRAYER:
Precious Heavenly Father, majestic in glory, awesome in might, and ever near with your loving presence, please bless me with a deeper and more personal knowledge and experience of you in my life. Until the day I can see you face to face in heaven, please draw me closer and closer to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The beginning of strife [is as] when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with. Proverbs 17:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 9, 2012

Devotional:

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: Ephesians 4:30-31 (KJV)

Don't make God's Spirit sad! But how do we do that? By harboring bitterness, unleashing anger driven rage, fighting with others and slandering their name while plotting to harm them. These things are the exact opposite of the qualities the Spirit is seeking to produce in our lives (Galatians 5:22-23).
No wonder it makes him sad!

PRAYER:

Almighty Father, please make me more like Jesus by the power of your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his
lips [is] wise. Proverbs 10:19 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 10, 2012

Devotional:
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1 (KJV)

The cost of peace is always high. Our peace was purchased by Jesus' enormous sacrifice. God made sure the price for our rebellion was paid, but he didn't make us pay it because we could never have fulfilled our obligation. Instead, God paid it himself in Jesus.

PRAYER:
Holy and loving Father, thank you for making peace and bringing me back to you at great cost to yourself. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for willingly surrendering yourself to the horrible cruelty of the Cross. Thank you that I'm not treated as your enemy because of my sin, but as a lost sheep that needs to be found. Thank you for adopting me as your beloved child. In Jesus' name I offer my thanks and praise. Amen.

Wisdom:
Every one [that is] proud in heart [is] an abomination to the LORD: [though] hand [join] in hand, he shall not be unpunished. Proverbs 16:5 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 11, 2012

Devotional:

Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter [any] thing before God: for God [is] in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2 (KJV)

Even in our sound-byte world, far too many words are spoken in pledge to God that go unfulfilled. Let's thank him, praise him, and petition him. But let's also realize that, while our prayers need to be persistent, our words don't need to be elaborate or refined, just few in number.

PRAYER:

Almighty God, thank you that the Holy Spirit intercedes for me while I pray.
Thank you that I don't have to have articulate prayers to be heard. Thank you for not expecting grandiose promises from me. I come to you as your child, your humble servant who longs to live for you and praise you with all of my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

[As] a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, [so is] a fair woman which is without discretion. Proverbs 11:22 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 12, 2012

Devotional:
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct [my prayer] unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3 (KJV)

Prayer is more than asking. Prayer is more than praising. Prayer is more than thanking. Prayer is more than requesting or interceding or kneeling or humbling ourselves. Prayer is expecting that God wants us there, expecting that God hears us, and expecting that God will meet us in our prayer time and do what is best for us and those we love.

PRAYER:
Loving Father and Eternal God, thank you for meeting me in this prayer time. I know that you hear me and care about what I share with you. Thank you for paying attention to someone like me and accepting me as your precious child. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fining pot [is] for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts. Proverbs 17:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 13, 2012

Devotional:

And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of
the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be
great unto the ends of the earth.* Micah 5:4* (KJV)

The great hope that we have is that our Good Shepherd will return for us,
call us each by name, and bring us securely into his fold. There we will
share in his protective care and eternal peace.

PRAYER:

Lord God, thank you for sending Jesus to not only be the sacrificial lamb
for my sins, but also the Good Shepherd. Thank you for the promise of rest,
protection, and peace that are part of both my present and my future life
with you in your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be
shortened.* Proverbs 10:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 16, 2012

Devotional:
I [am] the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Deuteronomy 5:6-7 (KJV)

God is Sovereign, all-powerful, and without rival. So it is absolutely amazing that he repeatedly chooses to bless us with his grace before he calls us to worship and obedience. In most other religions, their gods demand adherence, sacrifice, and obedience before their favor is acquired. But the One True and Living God offers grace and then calls us to obedience. Not only does he have the right to ask us to have no other gods, he is worthy of being our only God because of his demonstrated love and his incomparable glory!

PRAYER:
Almighty God, you are worthy of all honor, worship, and praise. I want my heart to always be reverent of your glory and appreciative of your grace. Please don't let me outlive my love and allegiance to you. I pray this in Jesus name with all my love and respect. Amen.

Wisdom:
A false balance [is] abomination to the LORD: but a just weight [is] his delight. Proverbs 11:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 17, 2012

Devotional:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)

Isn't it absolutely incredible that the God who made the universe cares about us and our needs, hurts, and fears! So let's trust that he will do what is best for us and show it by living for him!

PRAYER:

Loving Father and Almighty God, I consciously place all of my anxieties, worries, cares, and frustrations in your hands. I will do my best to not dwell on them and trust that you will do what is best for me and those I love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

Better [is] a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices [with] strife. Proverbs 17:1 (KJV)

avi1derful

baddison said:
October 17, 2012

Devotional:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)

Isn't it absolutely incredible that the God who made the universe cares about us and our needs, hurts, and fears! So let's trust that he will do what is best for us and show it by living for him!

PRAYER:

Loving Father and Almighty God, I consciously place all of my anxieties, worries, cares, and frustrations in your hands. I will do my best to not dwell on them and trust that you will do what is best for me and those I love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

Better [is] a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices [with] strife. Proverbs 17:1 (KJV)

So needed this today! Thanks Baddison!

baddison

natural for good
October 18, 2012

Devotional:

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (KJV)

God didn't wait till we were "good enough" to bring us his salvation.
Instead, he came when we were most lost and needed his grace the most. But then, that's what love really means by God's definition. It's more than something declared or felt, it's something radically demonstrated.

PRAYER:

Holy and loving Father, thank you for demonstrating your love in such powerful and sacrificial fashion. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of [his] mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him. Proverbs 12:14
(KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 19, 2012

Devotional:

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 (KJV)

God didn't save us to condemn us. No, he saved us so we could come home to him and enjoy his gracious presence for eternity. God wants us in his presence; that's what salvation is all about! He is not about to let anything keep us from that presence when our hearts belong to him!

PRAYER:

Loving Father, thank you for the confidence I have in Jesus! I know that whether I live till Jesus comes or if I were to die this day, I can have confidence that my future is with you because it is tied to Jesus' victory over death. Thank you for giving me a home with you as my ultimate future.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof [is] of the LORD. Proverbs 16:33 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 20, 2012

Devotional:
He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this [is] also vanity. Ecclesiastes 5:10 (KJV)

We have examples of those who used their wealth wisely and who generously blessed others and honored God in the process -- e.g., Barnabas in Acts 4, see also 2 Cor. 8-9 & 1 Tim. 6:17-18. But, the New Testament repeatedly warns us about our desire for wealth. Unrestrained, this desire can become our god and lead us to ruin (1 Tim. 6:9-10). It can become full-fledged idolatry (Col. 3:5). Chasing after wealth is just another vain attempt to make life meaningful. In the last two verses of Ecclesiastes, the Wise Man reveals where true meaning is found and explains what Paul means when he says, "Godliness with contentment is great wealth." (1 Tim. 6:6).

PRAYER:
Almighty and generous Father, thank you for blessing me so richly. Please fill my heart with your generosity so that I can be a conduit of blessing to those in need around me. Guard my heart from greed, selfishness, and envy so that I may receive your gifts with thanks and share them with joy. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fear of the LORD [is] a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death. Proverbs 14:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 22, 2012

Devotional:

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. Psalm 5:11 (KJV)

Our hope is in the LORD! He is the basis of our security and the reason for our joyful songs! He is our protection and hope! He is the reason we rejoice!

PRAYER:

Praise you, magnificent God and loving Father, for your merciful kindness, your awesome holiness, your rich forgiveness, and your never-ending love. I find my hope and protection in you. You are my hope for the future. In your name, and in the name of your Son Jesus, I rejoice and offer praise. Amen.

Wisdom:

[He that is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Proverbs 16:32 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 23, 2012

Devotional:

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 1 Thessalonians 5:12 (KJV)

What are you doing to bless the lives of your spiritual leaders? Do you pray daily for them? Do you send them notes of encouragement? Do you thank them for their loving attention? Do you respond to their rebukes and take heart in their affirmations? Leaders don't need to be followed blindly, but often they get no support for their efforts. Let's make their work a blessing and not a burden! (Hebrews 13:17)

PRAYER:

Almighty God, the Great Leader of Israel, thank you for our spiritual leaders. Bless their families with faithfulness, their lives with health, their influence with Godly impact, and their leadership with willing followers. May you, dear God, be praised and glorified by the unity of your people. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed. Proverbs
13:21 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 24, 2012

Devotional:
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13 (KJV)

Yes, we can KNOW! Don't settle for less!! Confidence is so crucial that God sent his Son to die and be raised so we could know that life is our destination, not just our journey. While that life is experienced now, it is only a hint, a foretaste, of what lies ahead in our future with the Lord.

PRAYER:
Thank you, heavenly Father, for your plan of salvation and the cost you paid to make it happen. Thank you that I can now have confidence in my future with you as your child. Thank you for heaven, for hope, and for my home with you. To you belong all the glory and praise, and in your name, Lord Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Pleasant words [are as] an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 25, 2012
Devotional:
Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God ofhosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Amos 5:14 (KJV)

Many illicit and evil groups have claimed to have God on their side.Horrific things have been done under the disguise of a "Christian" movement.Jesus, however, told us we could recognize people by their fruit. Those whoseek good and abhor evil and those who practice justice and mercy are theones who have God with them. Let's make sure our claim of God's presence ismatched by the presence of God's character in our lives!

PRAYER:
Almighty God and loving Father, thank you for your presence in my life.Please forgive me when I let sin and selfishness crowd you out and bringreproach to your name. Empower me with your Holy Spirit to live as your holychild while displaying your righteous character to the world. In Jesus' nameI pray.

Amen.

Wisdom: A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spiritconcealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 26, 2012

Devotional:
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Ephesians5:15 (KJV)

Living with urgency doesn't mean living recklessly. It means living with aholy abandon to honor God and with a holy passion to make each moment countfor righteousness. That means we must be intentional about our choices,taking care that we use our moments wisely as we live a life of characterdifferent from the world around us because we are dedicated to Jesus.

PRAYER:Fill me with wisdom, O God, that I may honor you with my choices and use oftime today and everyday. Protect me from the deceptive influences of theevil one and grant me a holy and productive use of the time you bless mewith each day. In the name of Jesus my Lord, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: [but] he that openeth wide hislips shall have destruction. Proverbs 13:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
October 27, 2012

Devotional:
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 (KJV)

As Christians, we are not called to isolate ourselves from culture. We are not called to be hermits or monks. Instead, we are to recognize that we are in a world of darkness and live as light -- not as little candles tucked away in some inner bedroom, but as candles set on their stands so all can see their light or cities on a hill that can't be hidden. Of course, our goal is not to call attention to ourselves, but to help others see the glorious grace of our Father.

PRAYER:
Dear Heavenly Father, may my life bless others today, and everyday, so they can see you and your love more clearly. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Better [it is to be] of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:19 (KJV)