Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
December 3, 2012

Devotional:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust
doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:* Matthew
6:20* (KJV)

Where's your treasure? What are you doing to invest in long term security?
Why not make sure your most important investments are guaranteed a great
return!

PRAYER:

Abba Father, I know that the only true security I can ever have is in you.
Please give me wisdom as I seek to use my time, my talents, and my treasure
to honor you and bring others to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Blessed [are] they that keep judgment, [and] he that doeth righteousness at
all times.* Psalm 106:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 4, 2012

Devotional:

Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.* Genesis
6:22* (KJV)

Noah was described as a righteous man, blameless in his generation, who
walked with God and did all that the Lord commanded him (Gen. 6:9, 22). Can
you think of a higher honor? I'm not sure what they will write on my
headstone when I pass from this life to be with Jesus, but I surely would
love to be worthy of what was said of Noah in this verse! How about you?

PRAYER:

Holy God, I fully acknowledge that I am saved by your grace and not because
of any great or righteous thing that I have done. At the same time, Father,
I surely do want to honor you with my life and show others the difference
your loving kindness makes in the life of your children. Bless me please,
dear Father, to be more worthy of this description of Noah. In Jesus' name I
pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for
the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1 Pet. 1:13 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 5, 2012

Devotional:
Grace [be] with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. Ephesians 6:24 (KJV)

Ephesians makes some of the greatest declarations in the entire Bible about the grace of God. This one, however, may be the very richest. Grace is offered to us whether we accept it or not. But, grace is with us in rich abundance and blessing as we love Jesus and hang on to his love with a grip of faith that is unwavering.

PRAYER:
Holy Father, I do love you and your Son Jesus with all my heart. Forgive me when my display of this passion dims and my communication of his grace to others lags. Rekindle in me an unquenchable desire to show my love for Jesus in all that I do and say. In his name, Jesus, your Son, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 6, 2012

Devotional:
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Matthew 6:25 (KJV)

God gives beauty to the flowers and life to grass. In the grand scheme of things, these are transitory and insignificant. He sent his Son from Heaven to save us. So, he most definitely is going to give us what we need until we go home to live with him!

PRAYER:
Loving Father and Almighty God, forgive my distraction over temporal things. I do believe that you have given me everything I need in Jesus and in the gracious abundance of your blessings. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 7, 2012

Devotional:
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he [is] the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion [shall be even] unto the end. He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions. Daniel 6:26-27 (KJV)

If a foreign King in the days of the Old Testament can recognize how grand and glorious our God is, surely those of us who have received his grace through Jesus can rejoice in him and give him praise!

PRAYER:
Father God, you are glorious and awesome. Your rule is true, righteous, and eternal. You keep your promises and generously send forth your blessings. You alone are truly holy, awesome in your splendor and might. I praise you and thank you in the name of Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Wisdom:
In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him. Ecclesiastes 7:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 8, 2012

Devotional:
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? Matthew 6:27 (KJV)

In our busy world, we often let ourselves get preoccupied with worrisome and inconsequential things. What does this get us? Far from making our lives more productive or adding to our longevity, we know for a fact that worry hastens our demise and robs our days of joy and grace.

PRAYER:
Father, thank you. Thank you for making the earth hold its orbit and my heart have its beat. Thank you for giving me a future beyond the boundary markers of my mortality. Thank you for pouring your grace and numerous blessings into my life. Forgive me, Lord, when I do not count these blessings enough and begin to worry how I might acquire more or fear losing those things that I have. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Philippians 2:4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 10, 2012

Devotional:
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. Luke 6:28 (KJV)
Outside the example of Jesus, this command makes no sense at all. But, Jesus shows us the importance of leaving our destiny in the hands of our Creator and Father. Suddenly, this makes perfect sense. What is the best way to defeat an enemy? Certainly it's not to beat or kill that person. No, the way we defeat our enemies is by having Jesus' grace capture their hearts and having their character conform to that of our King!

PRAYER:
Loving and gracious God, please soften my heart and toughen my resolve so that I can love as Jesus loved. Make my life redemptive, even to those who oppose, abhor, ridicule, and hate me. Use me, dear Father, to bring others to the grace of Jesus. In his name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. 1 John 4:21 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 11, 2012

Devotional:
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. John 6:29 (KJV)
"What do you do for a living?" It is one of the most commonly asked questions in many cultures. We define each other in large measure by the work we do. God, however, defines us by his grace. So the work God has for us, the way he wants us to "make our living," so to speak, is by fully trusting in Jesus. This is the orientation point for each of our lives!

PRAYER:
Lord God Almighty, Ruler of Heaven and earth, I believe, but help my unbelief. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fining pot [is] for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts. Proverbs 17:3 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 12, 2012

Devotional:
And Moses said before the LORD, Behold, I [am] of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me? Exodus 6:30 (KJV)
Moses had to learn the same lesson most of us have to learn: folks really don't care that much about what we say. If the truth be known, most of us can't say it very well, anyway. But, when we offer ourselves to the Lord, he truly works through us and uses us in mighty ways. Ol' Stammerin' Mo' is the great testimony that God can take a shepherd with faltering speech and turn him into the greatest leader of his time. Don't you think we had better ask what God wants to do with us, and get to doing it!

PRAYER:
Loving Father, please use me in your service. I recognize that all the gifts, abilities, and experiences that I have came from you. All my capabilities are given to me so I can bring you praise. So please enable me to use my abilities for your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. Psalm 34:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 13, 2013

Devotional:
[[Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite.]] O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: Psalm 7:1 (KJV)

Who or what is pursuing you? Is it a past mistake? Is it an old enemy? Is it your conscience? Is it a nagging sense of guilt? Is it someone who wants to do you physical harm? Is it a physical illness? In the middle of all the storms and struggles of life, where do you go to find peace and security? There is only One who can be a true and lasting refuge. Just One!

PRAYER:
Father God, you are my refuge and source of strength when my courage is gone and my soul is weary. Please, dear Father, destroy all the forces and powers and enemies that pursue me and seek to take me captive and draw me away from you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 1 Peter 1:24 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 14, 2012

Devotional:
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:2 (KJV)Jesus is concerned that we not have a critical spirit toward others,especially about their motives as to why they did something. We can't assumeto know another person's heart; only God can. When we are unfairly critical,overly harsh, or unduly judgmental, we need to remember that God will use that same standard on us. I don't know about you, but I need grace. So do those I love. I'm going to try very hard to be as gracious toward others as I'm trusting that God is going to be gracious with me.

PRAYER:
Forgive me, Abba Father, for the times that I've been far more critical of others than I should be. Arouse within me a passion to be gracious toward others so that they can see your graciousness shining through me. In Jesus'name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all [men]. 1Thessalonians 5:14 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 15, 2012

Devotional:
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place. Jeremiah 7:3 (KJV)

We often take for granted what we have, where we live, the friends who bless our lives, and the family that gives us a place to belong and grow. All of these are gifts to us from God. We don't deserve them. We don't earn them. But, we can surely destroy them. God wants us to live obediently, not just to please him, but also to protect ourselves and those we love. So let's reform our actions and live for him and not for ourselves.

PRAYER:
Almighty and Holy Father, please forgive me of my sins. Please bless me and empower me as I seek to turn my life around to live passionately for you and your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. James 1:26 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 17, 2012

Devotional:
The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except [it be] with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. 1 Corinthians 7:4-5 (KJV)

In 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Paul told us that our bodies were not our own, but that we had been bought at a price. Once again in chapter 7, he reminds each of us that when we marry, our body is not our own, it belongs to our spouse. We are to use our bodies to bless, please, and bring fulfillment to our marriage partner. This is crucial to our marriage relationship and also to please God!

PRAYER:
Holy and loving God, Abba Father, please forgive me when I have cheapened myself by not treating my body as a gift to you. Whether it is in marriage or whether it is as a single, I want to use my body in a way that is holy and pleasing to you (and to my marriage partner). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 18, 2012

Devotional:

For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour; [If] ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt: Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.
Jeremiah 7:5-7 (KJV)

What is the true measure of our character? Certainly it is not merely how we act "at church." The real test of our character, our godliness, is our partnership with him in his work of redeeming the lost, forgotten, downtrodden, and broken. When we live only for ourselves, when the "have-nots" are left so far behind, a culture collapses upon itself because it lacks the heart of God, and people become jealous and resentful of one another.

PRAYER:

Loving God, Almighty and Sovereign Lord, please forgive us and use your children to heal our land. Father, I especially pray that you will use me to be a blessing to someone who has no one to whom he or she can turn in times of crisis. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
Luke 18:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 19, 2012

Devotional:
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held;that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of theletter. Romans 7:6 (KJV)
We are free from Law! Does that mean anarchy and lawlessness?Absolutely not! No, because the grace that freed us also brought God's HOLY Spirit to live within. He can empower us to do what we could not do on our own. He can help us in our weakness to pray with confidence and boldness to the Father. With his help, we are brought into a circle of accountable friends, tied by the grace of God and the Spirit of Christ. Thank God for the "new way"!

PRAYER:
Father, thank you for redeeming and delivering me from the requirements of law and placing your Spirit in my heart to help me be more than I could ever be trying to obey the Law. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Wisdom:
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 20, 2012

Devotional:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV)

God made us to seek after him and find him (Acts 17:27-28). Try to imagine the astounding reality of this truth: the God of the Universe is thrilled to see us when we come home to him! Is it any wonder that he longs for us to seek him so he can welcome us with the same joy as the father welcomed the son back again (Luke 15:11-31)?

PRAYER:

Father, while there are many things that my selfish heart seeks after, deep inside I know that what I need most, and what I seek most right now, is to know you in a more holy and majestic way. In Jesus' name I seek you. Amen.

Wisdom:

ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Psalm 119:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 21, 2012

Devotional:
Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations. Ezekiel 7:8 (KJV)

Because God's people had repeatedly rebelled and chosen to turn an unhearing ear toward his will, God is about to let them face the consequences of their own sinfulness. He is ready to judge them using the harshest of standards because of their entrenched rebellion. We must remember that he wants us to be a holy people just as much as he did his Old Testament people. Let's be faithful to him, no matter the values of our culture.

PRAYER:
O God, please do not rebuke me in your wrath, but encourage me to live for you no matter my circumstances or my culture. I want to be faithful to you in all I do, say, and think. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 22, 2012

Devotional:
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. Psalm 7:9 (KJV)

In a world of organized crime, gangs, and predators, we have some real work cut out for us if we are going to influence the violent part of contemporary culture to change its ways. Maybe the place to start is down on our knees before the Father, asking him to use us to make a difference in our violent world!

PRAYER:
Loving Lord and Father of all peoples, please forgive us for anything we have done to condone or accept the violence that is entrenched in many parts of our world today. Please bring the evil and hostile trend towards violence to an end. Frustrate and defeat those who use violence. May your people be an example of productive, compassionate, and non-violent living. Please give strength and protection to all who face the threat of violence because of their faith. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 24, 2012

Devotional:
And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. Revelation 7:10 (KJV)

From the voices of those who know, the message is clear! God reigns and with his rule comes salvation. This is because of the Lamb who was willing to be slain, but who triumphed over death. Because of the Lamb's work and faithfulness, we can be assured of heaven.

PRAYER:
Loving Father and Sovereign God, thank you for providing salvation by extending your grace to me in Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, for offering yourself to be the Lamb sacrificed for my sins. I look forward to heaven and seeing you face to face and praising you with the angels, the martyrs, the elders, and other faithful Christians before the throne. To you, O God, belongs all praise, honor, glory, and thanks, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Wisdom:
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 25, 2012

Devotional:
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven: Hebrews 12:25 (KJV)

With the gift of Jesus comes an awesome responsibility: we must listen, follow, and honor him! If God demanded that his people obey his lesser messengers who were prophets or kings, what do you think the responsibility is for us to listen when he has emptied heaven of his Son's glory so that it might shine on us?

PRAYER:
Thank you, dear Father, for sending your Son and my Savior, Jesus. Please, dear LORD, I do not want to ever take that gift for granted. Please empower me and give me wisdom so that I can faithfully listen and serve Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:2-4 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 26, 2012

Devotional:
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12 (KJV)

Some things don't need a lot of explaining, just a lot more implementing.

PRAYER:
Loving God, Almighty Father, forgive me of my selfishness. You have blessed me so richly through Jesus. Please move me by your Spirit to be as generous, loving, forgiving, and kind with others as I want them to be with me and as the Lord has been to me. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen.

Wisdom:
Honour all [men]. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king. 1 Peter 2:17 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 27, 2012

Devotional:

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)

Over two decades ago, Juan Carlos Ortiz criticized European and American evangelists for offering a carrot stick gospel that focused on the pay off and not lordship of Jesus. Jesus, especially in Matthew 7, reminds us that grace does not dismiss discipleship and mercy does not release us from our need to genuinely repent. We must accept the grace that is given us and truly let Jesus be Lord of our lives. It's not an either-or proposition, but a both-and call from God to receive grace and to follow Jesus as Lord.

PRAYER:

Almighty God, holy and awesome in your majesty and might, I know that I will never be worthy of your grace. I know that my flesh can be easily lured away from the path of discipleship. So please help me as I seek to follow the Good Shepherd on your way of salvation. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Ephesians 4:25 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 28, 2012

Devotional:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)

While this is a passage often emphasized when talking about the problems with nations and governments, let's remember that the truest application of this must find its home in us and in our churches. We can begin revival in our land if we will commit to daily prayer, weekly fasting, and hearts yearning for God to enter our world and transform it.

PRAYER:

O God, Father of all nations and peoples, please enter into our world with clear signs of your power and grace. Call the lost to you through us. Use us to be the firstfruits of renewal and restoration. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:1-2 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 29, 2012

Devotional:

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him:
but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Mark 7:15 (KJV)

We get so hung up on externals, appearances, and facades. Jesus cuts to the
core of God's concern -- our spiritual heart condition. He wants us to not
only focus on what we put in our body, but what we allow to grow in our
hearts and simmer in our heads. The inner world is what needs our most
earnest attention. So let's be honest and ask if we are spending as much
time focusing on our inner world as we are focusing on our external
appearance!

PRAYER:

O God, who searches minds and hearts, may the words of my mouth and the
thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you. I offer you my inner world to
cleanse and redecorate by the sanctifying work of your Holy Spirit. Please
guard my heart from evil ambitions and my mind from impure thoughts. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not
seen. Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
December 31, 2012

Devotional:

But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added
unto you. Luke 12:31 (KJV)

As you stand at the end of one year and look over tomorrow into the
beginning of a new one, please remember that before the resolutions are made
and broken, and before this year has come to an end, declare to the Lord and
in your hearts, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..." (Joshua 24:15b) as our first priority!

PRAYER:

As I conclude this year and begin another, I pray that you will help me keep
my eyes on Jesus, dear Father, and my heart focused on your will. In Jesus'
name. Amen.

Wisdom:

Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Romans 4:8(KJV)

baddison

natural for good
January 1, 2013

Devotional:

[There is] no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.
Proverbs
21:30 (KJV)

No matter how fresh the start nor how great the plans we have made, if we do
not walk with God, the coming year will not be a spiritual success. As we
receive this gift of a new year, let's commit to serve the Lord. As we make
plans for the coming days ahead, let's make sure that those plans are made
based on the LORD's revealed will in Scripture and prayerful consideration
of what our God wants us to accomplish.

PRAYER:

God of the ages, my Father in heaven, thank you for being very near as I
start on a new year. Please help me know your will each day. Bring the
people into my life who will help me love you more, serve you effectively,
and bless others in meaningful ways. To you be all the honor and glory in
what I do, think, and say in the days ahead. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
God. The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:1-2
(KJV)

baddison

natural for good
January 2, 2013

Devotional:

But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the
kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. Daniel 7:18 (KJV)

Forever! The Kingdom will belong to God's saints, his children, the people
of the Most High (see Daniel 7:27), us! And it will be ours, forever ... and
ever ... and ever. Praise God for his promises, his grace, and his
faithfulness.

PRAYER:

Almighty God Most High, I look forward to the day that your Kingdom rules in
power and your will is done on this earth as it is in heaven. I thank you
for your promises to us, your people, and I thank you for giving your
children a Kingdom that cannot be shaken. Bless me, O God, as I seek to live
my life each day in reverence and awe at your awesome holiness and grace. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
Proverbs 4:27 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
January 3, 2013

Devotional:

And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great
prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

Luke 7:16 (KJV)

Jesus came to do the work of God. Jesus came as the Son of God. Jesus came
to reveal God. Jesus came and people praised God. Jesus came so people could
see God. Do you know Jesus? If you do, do you know him as well as you
should?

PRAYER:

O Gracious Father and Eternal God, thank you for revealing yourself, your
love, your grace, and your salvation in Jesus. We thank you for visiting our
world and making us your children. To you, O God, belongs all glory and
praise in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Wisdom:

Blessed [are] they that keep his testimonies, [and that] seek him with the
whole heart. Psalm 119:2 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
January 4, 2013

Devotional:

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 7:17 (KJV)

What a beautiful picture! The One who died for us will nourish and refresh us. The One upon whom all eternity hinges will take time to personally comfort us. No wonder Paul could say that he did not consider his present sufferings worth comparing to the glory that would be revealed to us!
(Romans 8:18)

PRAYER:

Father God and Sovereign Lord of all Creation, thank you for your incredible love for me. While I know I don't deserve your overwhelming and generous grace, I rejoice in it. While I know my best attempts at honoring you fall short, thank you for promising to welcome me into your presence, care for me, and comfort me when I come home to you. Your love, O Lord, is beyond my comprehension and exhausts my appreciation while filling my heart with wonder and praise. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Wisdom:

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 (KJV)

baddison

natural for good
January 5, 2013

Devotional:

The great temptations which thine eyes saw, and the signs, and the wonders,
and the mighty hand, and the stretched out arm, whereby the LORD thy God
brought thee out: so shall the LORD thy God do unto all the people of whom
thou art afraid. Deuteronomy 7:19 (KJV)

So often we look at the past work of God and think we will not see the
display of his power like our predecessors did. But, just as God reminded a
new generation of his people that he would go with them and empower them
like he had their parents, we also need to expect him to do more than all we
can ask or even imagine by his power at work within us! (cf. Ephesians 3:20)

PRAYER:

Almighty God who is infinitely able to work with power and might, we ask
that you use your power to call the unsaved to Jesus in our generation.
Please use us to be your tools and do in our day the great work of
redemption, reconciliation, and revival like you have done in years gone by.
Father, we believe in your power and your desire to save. Please act
mightily to redeem our generation. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him
up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:15
(KJV)