Curly Girl (CG) Challenge

AJellyCake

Yes I think the estimates are based on cowashing or water rinsing everyday. In the CG book, she mentions water touching the hair every day. Technically you wouldn't have to cowash but you would have to water rinse or do something to get a large dose of water on your hair daily.

Ohhhhh. Good to know! Thank you, faithVA. I was maybe wetting my hair 1-2 times per week when I started. I've been trying to do it more often this week. Lol my hair is just so dense though (I always put it in 4 sections)! It takes forever to cleanse it. And I would have to use conditioner (not just water) or my hair wouldn't be happy. I bought some new conditioners recently to try.

How's it going for you?

I've combed my hair twice since I started two months ago. I think I'm going to stop using combs though. It's just hard to finger detangle sometimes because my hair is so dense.

leleepop

I just started up my curly girl again. Its really keeps everything moisturized esp with this weather.

Lisa

I bought the book and I want to try. I'd already been using WEN but I'm trying to go natural and I got sidetracked! I tried DE Transitioning Mousse (I liked it the first time but not the second). I don't like putting all that heat on my hair so I'm back to the natural way! I've just found Hey Fran Hey and I'm going to try her homemade deep conditioners.

Joigirl

I've used the CG method since I went natural, though I modify by shampooing once a month. It provides great curl definition and moisture.

beauti

I'd like to join. I clarified before my DC today. My homemade dc:
2 eggs
1 cup mayo
squirt of honey
1 tablespoon evoo
1/2 cup shea moisture deep treatment

I then sectioned my hair and applied coconut oil followed by tresseme naturals conditioner. Then to keep each section wet I sprayed a homemade spritz:
water
aloe Vera
squirt of v05 passionfruit smoothie
oils

I then smoothed my hair into a bun. My hair has to be dripping wet for a sleek bun. I will keep this style for 3 days and then start all over.

Last edited: