Curls will not hold!

Lshona

I wash my hair 2x's a week with V05 shampoo and conditioner. I then spray my hair with infusium 23 and let my hair air dry. When dry I apply NTM and then I apply Citre Shine serum. I comb my hair straight back and put on a satin scarf. I normally use Caruso rollers sometimes I hot curl :ohwell:, either way my curls seem to come out fine, but after I style it my hair does'nt seem really curly. I want my curls more defined, and I want my curls to last all day. Please help. ;)

goldensensation

Some trouble-shooting:

1- Maybe your hair has a build-up of products. When was the last time you clarified?

2- Maybe the NTM plus the serum are too much for your hair. See how it works with just one and not the other.

3- Are you using a setting lotion?

amy1234

I'm having this problem too when I try to do pin-curls. Tonight I'm going to try to add some black'n sassy creamy set (a light holding gel) onto my strands before I pin-curl it. That should do the trick and add a nice hold to it....we'll see

balisi

You may be using too many products or may be a bit heavy handed with them. I agree that a setting lotion or wrap foam would help your curls form better and last longer.

Last edited:

Lshona

I used the serum after the NTM because I thought I was sealing in the moisture. I have not found an oil to my liking yet. I will alternate between these two from now on. I have a bottle of Lottabody can I use it with Carusos or with a hot iron if so how???:confused: Also what setting lotions do you recommend? Thanks:)

caribeandiva

Human being
i love Dudley's setting lotion. i also have lottabody (it's cheaper) but i prefer Dudley's cause i get a stronger hold. this is what i do:
1. wash
2. condition
3. put in leave-in conditioner
4. put in setting lotion
5. dry
6. curl w/ carusos or hot iron

p.s. if doing a wet set then obviously skip steps 5 and 6 and put in your rollers instead.

good luck!

Lshona

caribeandiva said:
i love Dudley's setting lotion. i also have lottabody (it's cheaper) but i prefer Dudley's cause i get a stronger hold. this is what i do:
1. wash
2. condition
3. put in leave-in conditioner
4. put in setting lotion
5. dry
6. curl w/ carusos or hot iron

p.s. if doing a wet set then obviously skip steps 5 and 6 and put in your rollers instead.

good luck!

Thanks for the step by step instructions!!!:D

dynamic1

My hair has difficulty holding a curl when I need a trim. Also, have you tried leaving your hair in rollers for a short time after you curl your hair? This works for me if I am not wet setting.

Lshona

dynamic1 said:
My hair has difficulty holding a curl when I need a trim. Also, have you tried leaving your hair in rollers for a short time after you curl your hair? This works for me if I am not wet setting.

A light bulb went off in my head 2 nights ago and I trimmed my ends.It was hard because my hair is short but I really needed a trim. My curls came out a lot better. I will aslo try leaving the rollers in longer.;)

crlsweetie912

Also, if you are using the curling iron. Use clips to roll the hair back up and leave them in until your hair is cool. This helps "set" the curl. HTH.

HoneyDew

Lshona said:
A light bulb went off in my head 2 nights ago and I trimmed my ends.It was hard because my hair is short but I really needed a trim. My curls came out a lot better. I will aslo try leaving the rollers in longer.;)

Trims to help curls hold better. I got my hair cut (more then a trim, though - 2 inches!) and today my caruso set just feels better and the curls are nicer. I had been trying to hold on to hair that is just better off gone. :)