Curlaway + Henna + Steaming

Guitarhero

So I've narrowed down my routine to Curlaway. I still have BKT product left and will probably apply it months down the road but I'm done killing my strands with relaxer. My issue was that they are too strong for me. I didn't listen to a stylist I went to and suffered the consequences. I still like straight hair so I use Curlaway now and love it. It loosens the curl and if I want bone straight, I'll flat-iron it from time-to-time...or pull back and dry in a scarf. I get straight hair that way too.

Observation and Questions:

I have little greys framing my face...:sad: and I am using natural henna (learned my lesson with Bigen too) plus indigo to dye those and have gotten success with the 2-step process. But when I apply the Curlaway, it seems that the greys return more frequently. Maybe it's the acetic acid.

Anyone know for sure if Curlaway removes henna? And would steaming my hair accelerate that process? I'm steaming with a microwaved towel until I get an ozone steaming machine. My hair is better-off without the harsh chemicals (relaxers and dyes) but I hate to henna so often, even if it's just around the face. It still takes a long time to do it and I'm busy. Any suggestions to intensify the henna to stick longer? I've thought to apply the Curlaway further back in the hair but it'll seep toward the face when you wear it for 9 hours.

lalla

I have noticed that steaming makes some of the henna leak from my hair. SInce I only have two white hair I can't tell if the color gets lighter but the water when I rinse my hair is orange.

Have you noticed negative consequences from hennaing often? How often do you do it?

I can't help you for the rest because I don't know what a Curlaway is.

fxdiva

I always wondered how Curlaway worked. Would you please give us some more details, such as how often you have to use it and how long it lasts?

Thanks,
FxDiva

ebonylocs

I always wondered how Curlaway worked. Would you please give us some more details, such as how often you have to use it and how long it lasts?

Thanks,
FxDiva

Yes, Volver_Alma_Gitana. I would love you to give a detailed Curlaway review. I'm thinking of trying it.

It seems like a small tub though.

Last edited: