Crunchy ends after flat iron

Mena

When I flat iron my hair, sometimes my ends feel all dry, crunchy and tangled. Is there anyway to prevent this? Usually, I will blow dry my hair with a wide tooth comb. After this, I flat iron my hair.

MissMeWithThatIsh

i usually wouldn't touch my hair with a comb until after it's totally done...

My hair only gets crispy like that AFTER I've put too much moisture on it when I flat iron it... I woul suggest blow drying very lightly, or airdrying if possible... and then using a highly loved product like CHI Silk Infusion or Ironguard, which is what the ladies here really like.

Dposh167

still have the problem :sad:

i've been having this problem for the last 4 weeks...and I NEVER EVER had this problem before. My hair is pretty healthy and I keep up on my trims religiously

what methods have u used thus far since u started this thread?

Sui Topi

I have this issue too (I'm natural ((woo hoo I get to say that now))), and I find that if I twist my hair before I flat iron and let it dry in twists, I don't have that problem. Its like The Lauryn Doll says. You have to make sure there isnt too much moisture to fry up on the ends.

Mena

i've been having this problem for the last 4 weeks...and I NEVER EVER had this problem before. My hair is pretty healthy and I keep up on my trims religiously

what methods have u used thus far since u started this thread?

another thread mentioned detangling all the hair b4 u flat iron...did this with no luck..i usually put the fantasia ic heat protectant on first as well

I have this issue too (I'm natural ((woo hoo I get to say that now))), and I find that if I twist my hair before I flat iron and let it dry in twists, I don't have that problem. Its like The Lauryn Doll says. You have to make sure there isnt too much moisture to fry up on the ends.

my hair was dry though :/ im confused

oh yea i have a CHI too...but my hair stylist uses it too and it turns out fine...maybe it is because she goes over my hair once with a pressing comb

DivaD04

Sophisticated1 if nothing works you've probably scorched(burned) your hair from your iron. If this is the case maybe think about a trim and follow up with a good protein treatment...don't forget your moisture to keep your hair soft and switch irons.
I agree with others about moisture, light on the moisture, water base products and serums can make the hair shrival up and burn if you apply too much when using heat. A good oil based product may just be what you need to protect your ends from heat and even still use caution and maybe with any new product or iron a test shoulld be taken into consideration.
I love my chi but I'm going to purchase a miniglide(4 my natural twa) and eventually graduate to a maxiglide.

Ivonnovi

Hail-2Da-Naw on the bolded text.

I wrote elsewhere that I spared my "ends" using curlaway. Also even after 1 treatment your hair will require less heat for styling.
Curlaway will allow you to hang on to your ends, they'll respond better to styling, but you will have to beef up your moisturizing when using it.

Should I try to using a fine toothed comb on my ends?

ladylibra

i use a fine-tooth comb when i straighten, gives me good results. (i have a vid on it :yep:) if that doesn't help and no product recs are helping, you probably are due for a trim.

loveable37

I experience tha problem :wallbash:TOO MUCH HEAT :nono:especially a straigtenin comb .

Now its time for u ta find a hairstyle tha consist of no heat and u will see difference in ur ends up more PROTEIN,CONDITIONIN TREATMENT,AND AIRDRYIN good luck!

luckiestdestiny

Get to the sabino thread. Do what you normally do, leave a little conditioner in, and your mosture, seal with oil. Then add sabino. Lots on ends, and roots, brush through. It protects ends and prevents that whole crunchy thing as it is a heat protectant. I noticed that my ends are thriving as the MB locks in the moisture. The samples are at www.gotfrizz.com but you can also see that in the thread. You click the contact us button and email or call them.

luckiestdestiny

Get to the sabino thread. Do what you normally do, leave a little conditioner in, and your mosture, seal with oil. Then add sabino. Lots on ends, and roots, brush through. It protects ends and prevents that whole crunchy thing as it is a heat protectant. I noticed that my ends are thriving as the MB locks in the moisture. The samples are at www.gotfrizz.com but you can also see that in the thread. You click the contact us button and email or call them.
Also always dc before using heat. I dc without protein, and I'm natural (everyone is different). Protein makes my hair shatter like glass, so I only use it in limited supply (whereas someone with a relaxer might need more, etc as each person is different)

Mena

Also always dc before using heat. I dc without protein, and I'm natural (everyone is different). Protein makes my hair shatter like glass, so I only use it in limited supply (whereas someone with a relaxer might need more, etc as each person is different)

i always do this too...i dc for an hour

I always put in heat protectant too..still have the same problem :spinning: