Crochet Kinky Twists???

pjbapb

I'm thinking about this and am asking all around...I am really interested in trying out some crochet kinky twists. I just have one question...Can I use the marley type hair and just make the twists? Will I need to use a lighter to seal the ends? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Last edited:

Charlie555

I am planning to try this style in the spring/summer. I would think you could crochet the Bob Marley hair through a cornrow then twist it to the end. I have seen some people wrap the ends around small rods and dip them to create small curls at the ends. Or once you get to the end twirl it around you finger with a little bees wax to set it. I have never seen it done with a lighter.

Here is a youtube video where she crocheted the twist that came pre twisted in the pack. I haven't been able to find this hair though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLIbAoi_-zs

HTH

lilsparkle825

Rope twists for crocheting are readily sold, but I guess you could always use marley hair. I would not suggest burning the ends....just dip them in hot water on perm rods.

NaturalLibra

Yup, I've done this and like mentioned above I just curled the ends on rods and dipped in hot water. I actually think though that if you just keep twisting the hair all the way to the tapered ends they won't unravel even if you don't curl them.