Crisco Vegetale Oil as Oil Sheen

bermudabeauty

Ok so I have been sharing the useful tips I've learned here at LHCF with my sister-in-law. One tip especially which is Olive Oil. I keep raving about Olive Oil. So my sister-in-law, didn't have any so she thought it would be okay to put Crisco Vegetable Oil in her hair for shine!:lachen::lachen::lachen:I said unless she planned on frying chicken on her scalp she should never use Crisco Vegetable Oil!

Ok so I have been sharing the useful tips I've learned here at LHCF with my sister-in-law. One tip especially which is Olive Oil. I keep raving about Olive Oil. So my sister-in-law, didn't have any so she thought it would be okay to put Crisco Vegetable Oil in her hair for shine!:lachen::lachen::lachen:I said unless she planned on frying chicken on her scalp she should never use Crisco Vegetable Oil!

Why not? We use everything else around here! :lachen:
Actually, :look: it should be fine if she only applied it to her hair. How'd it work out for her?

i used it on my belly when i was preggers - at the advice of my mom, and guess what? No stretch marks. IDK about for hair. Isn't it vegetable oil? Does that mean it's all natural?

As long as it wasn't that lard stuff out of the can, I guess she should be OK. Maybe she could put some lavedar oil or something in it to give it a more pleasant scent.

I've come full circle in my thinking about what oils are best and which are terrible. Cones, no cones, natural vs synthetic. I saw a pic on here, of some member's teen daughter with hip length hair that she uses warmed up vaseline on on a consistent basis. It really got me thinking. It's all about what works for you to get you from A to B. Know your own hair's needs and proceed from there. I am an admitted PJ but I believe I've found my hair's truth.................God, I hope so!!!!!

Your SIL might have discovered something new! i laughed at my mom too, and then it worked! I did smell funny though. LOL

I've come full circle in my thinking about what oils are best and which are terrible. Cones, no cones, natural vs synthetic. I saw a pic on here, of some member's teen daughter with hip length hair that she uses warmed up vaseline on on a consistent basis. It really got me thinking. It's all about what works for you to get you from A to B. Know your own hair's needs and proceed from there. I am an admitted PJ but I believe I've found my hair's truth.................God, I hope so!!!!!

Vaseline?:lachen:But hey whatever work!

Back