CON with protein?

Neen

I ran out of Shampoo and picked up some CON today. I read the ingredients and it has milk protein in it
ohwell.gif
(the same as Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner). Is this new? Or has protein always been in CON? Is protein-enriched shampoo actually beneficial? TIA

i don't know about CON, but I use Lanza Protein Plus and I really like it. Most of the shampoos I use contain protein and I think it is beneficial. It strengthens the hair - and if your hair is sensitive to protein conditioners, it's a good way to get protein in your regime without "over-proteining" because you rinse it right out.

huh, that's interesting. Because every person I personally know who uses CON always had good growing hair. I never gave it a chance because it never seemed to wash all the way out. I think I may have found a new staple product
smile.gif

Does CON mean Creme of Nature?? i'm a little slow, lol. Is it the one in the white bottle with green writings, i bought that one a few days ago. Haven't tried it yet though.

[ QUOTE ]
Prettyinpink00 said:
Does CON mean Creme of Nature?? i'm a little slow, lol. Is it the one in the white bottle with green writings, i bought that one a few days ago. Haven't tried it yet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its cream of nature.let me know how you like it, i plan on getting this soon.

I got the one with the green writing and I just tried it. I like it. it has good slip too. My hair wasn't really dirty so I don't know how well it cleans. I had to wash it because I was having a bad hair day and a good wash-n-condition seems to always do the trick
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
I got the one with the green writing and I just tried it. I like it. it has good slip too. My hair wasn't really dirty so I don't know how well it cleans. I had to wash it because I was having a bad hair day and a good wash-n-condition seems to always do the trick
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how good of slip are we talking about here?? is it the best slip shampoo you've tried so far??is it better than elucence?

I would say it has the best slip. Not sure if it's better than Elucence because I have never tried it. I have used all kinds of shampoos (Pantene, Optimum Care, Elasta, Paul Mitchell, Nexxus) and CON has better slip than all of them. It leaves the hair feeling a little coated though.

And yes, I am a PJ
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
I would say it has the best slip. Not sure if it's better than Elucence because I have never tried it. I have used all kinds of shampoos (Pantene, Optimum Care, Elasta, Paul Mitchell, Nexxus) and CON has better slip than all of them. It leaves the hair feeling a little coated though.

And yes, I am a PJ
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks neen
kiss.gif

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!to try it. i'm gonna clarify first lather when i use it though to avoid build up.

CON has the best slip out but Soft Sheen Carson Breakthru has only a little wittle bit less slip without the coating. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning has less slip than both of the mentioned above but is more conditioning than both.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
CON has the best slip out but Soft Sheen Carson Breakthru has only a little wittle bit less slip without the coating. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning has less slip than both of the mentioned above but is more conditioning than both.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks cbg. con it is
smile.gif
. btw i plan on getting the professional version.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning has less slip than both of the mentioned above but is more conditioning than both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? What do you mean by conditioning? I used the Elasta Poo for relaxed hair. It didn't have much slip but my hair did't feel stripped either. It was just right. I am wondering if the coating in the CON serves to seal in moisture and therefore reduce breakage?
scratchchin.gif
Whaddya think? But at the same time that would mean it would be barrier and therefore no more moisture could get in. Which would mean one would have to clarify at least twice a week, ya know? (Get rid of the barrier, add more moisture, then re-apply the barrier). But then any conditioner added after CON may not be able to penetrate. Whaddya think?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning has less slip than both of the mentioned above but is more conditioning than both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? What do you mean by conditioning? I used the Elasta Poo for relaxed hair. It didn't have much slip but my hair did't feel stripped either. It was just right. I am wondering if the coating in the CON serves to seal in moisture and therefore reduce breakage?
scratchchin.gif
Whaddya think? But at the same time that would mean it would be barrier and therefore no more moisture could get in. Which would mean one would have to clarify at least twice a week, ya know? (Get rid of the barrier, add more moisture, then re-apply the barrier). But then any conditioner added after CON may not be able to penetrate. Whaddya think?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just thinking the same thing.

Whaat I've noticed with CON is that when I use it not even the best conditioner gives me any slip. Sometimes I use on it's own without following with a conditioner because my hair feels so nice.

Okay so when I say conditioning, I mean when I use the Creme conditioning my hair feels like I've used a pretty good conditioner Sometimes when I am lazy I may use just that and add a leave in and rollerset. But I'm working on stopping that. I didn't like the Elasta Poo for relaxed hair- no slip and just average to me. Now as for CON sealing in moisture, I don't know about that since it leaves that Balsam coating which I don't think is so great for relaxed hair. I use it though when I am extending relaxers because nothing detangles like it. (I still haven't tried the soft sheen at 10 weeks post relaxer though so maybe I might admend this statement in a few weeks.)I think the balsam coats the strands and leads to great detangling but I don't think the detangling is due to more moisture, it seems to be more like something analgous to how cones coat the strand providing slip.

Before I found these other shampoos I was doing what you suggested, clarify, CON and condition. But to be honest the only condition I like with the CON poo was the Elucence Emergency Repair Treatment. I didn't even like the CON conditioner with it. Some other ladies here like that combo though.

So is Elucence really that stuff? I keep hearing about it and I am really tempted to just buy the whole line! (like I got money
smirk.gif
) I haven't heard a bad review about it yet.

Back