Copper and Gray Hair

vtoodler

On other discussion boards, I've heard claims that copper can keep hair from turning gray or help reverse hair that has recently turned gray?

What do you think of this claim? Do you think it's possible that there's truth to it?

southerncitygirl

one of the symptoms of copper deficiency is graying hair, so yes. but gray hair can also be an effect of getting older as well.

Tiye

I've heard this. I also heard that the ancient egyptians drank water out of copper cups for this reason. Maybe it works if you've spent your whole life drinking out of copper cups so you can proactively prevent grey. I know someone who tried it when she already had grey hair and it did not make a difference.

CurlyMoo

I was taking copper vitamins and I also took it with Zinc to counteract the fact that Zinc decreases the copper levels in your system. I didn't see much difference. I have copper and zinc in my multivitamin. The most effective cure for grays is hair dye. :ohwell:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about the color copper which is what color my gray hair is now after my corrective henna to fix my orange-red halo...LOL. oh well...next.

faithVA

I was taking copper vitamins and I also took it with Zinc to counteract the fact that Zinc decreases the copper levels in your system. I didn't see much difference. I have copper and zinc in my multivitamin. The most effective cure for grays is hair dye. :ohwell:

I second that :lol: I dyed mine this morning.