Convinced about scalp grease?

itismehmmkay

Is there anyone here who is just convinced that greasing the scalp is healthy for their hair? Is this a staple for anyone? I plan to wash my hair relatively infrequently (ever 3-4 weeks). I was thinking of maybe applying a combination of oil and Surge to my scalp at the end of every week. How does that sound?

kitchen_tician

Happy Birthday!!! /images/graemlins/birthday2.gif

Yes, I use grease on my scalp, but only every 2 weeks. I use WGO every 3-4 days on my hair and/or scalp. I shampoo every 2 weeks and I love the results. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but I like the results and it keeps my newgrowth manageable.

I'm not sure, but you may want to poo more frequently than 3-4 weeks, since your using both surge and oil on the scalp. It will start to affect the hair as well and you may get build up. Remember to scratch your scalp lightly with a fine tooth comb to loosen scalp build up, before washing. Keep us posted. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

northernbelle

I apply grease to my scalp regularly. The myth re: stifled hairi growth does not apply in my case. It's when I *don't* apply grease is when I lose hair,i.e. dryness, esp. the ends, and the demarcation between previously relaxed hair and new growth.

northernbelle

northernbelle

i should add, however, that since Im have been shampooing and conditioning twice a week, I my scalp has hardly been dry, itchy and flaky.

northernbelle

candibaby

i believe that you should put SOMETHING on the scalp.. but not necessarily GREASE.. i put ors carrot oil on my scalp every week after i wash my hair.

sunnydey

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone here who is just convinced that greasing the scalp is healthy for their hair? Is this a staple for anyone? I plan to wash my hair relatively infrequently (ever 3-4 weeks). I was thinking of maybe applying a combination of oil and Surge to my scalp at the end of every week. How does that sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy Birthday to you, itisme!!! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif I use grease and Wildgrowth hair oil on my scalp and hair. I shampoo my hair at least once a week. I have not had any problems as of yet with clogged pores or buildup.

Mestiza

/images/graemlins/birthday2.gif, itismehmmkay! /images/graemlins/party2.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

I haven't used grease on my scalp in so long that I have forgotten what results I get from doing so.

InsertCleverNameHere

I am not convinced that greasing the scalp helps with growth, moisture, etc.However, I am not convinced it hinders any of the above as well.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I'm a grease and oil lover, I finally found the balance, you have to wash more often, in order the grease to work effectively.

itismehmmkay

Awww...thanks, guys for your responses and birthday wishes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm thinking that I might just hold up on the scalp greasing. I'll just let it oil up on it's own. It's itching though..... /images/graemlins/look.gif .......I'm hoping that's growth.