Confused; what does it mean to "set" your hair?

porkypig007

Confused; what does it mean to \"set\" your hair?

I don't wear rollers in my hair 'cuz I think it gives me "grandma" look with my hair all "curled up". I always wear my hair down. But to get the "bounce" and such, I'm getting the idea that setting your hair is the way to go. What exactly does it mean to do that? Is it sitting under a dryer? or ... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Armyqt

Re: Confused; what does it mean to \"set\" your hair?

Hello 007, I'm no expert on roller setting, but I've read enough about it here to help u out. Setting the hair means rolling it up with rollers. It's the safest way to dry your hair using heat. Amillion posted some instructions on how to achieve this successfully. Most of the ladies here that do roller sets, wrap the hair once it's dry (this gets rid of the grandma curls). Then u can tie a satin scarf on until the next morning. When u take your hair down from the wrap, JOILIA!!, nice, bouncy hair. If you're looking for a more immediate bounce, wrap the hair and get back under the dryer for another 10-15 min. HTH. There's lots of great info on the advantages of roller setting on the board. Do a search, you will be pleasantly surprised. Good Luck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

Re: Confused; what does it mean to \"set\" your hair?

Just wanted to add that the rollers should be either of the magnetic variety (plastic with small holes in them - sometimes secured with a 'cap' and sometimes a pin) or wire. I don't have experience with wire - but I think there are members here that do - and I'm sure they'll post that info for you....

Good Luck girl! I hope you get the hang of it and join the crowd! My hair is never "curly" unless I just condition and leave it. When I rollerset the intention is to get my hair straight. I find it's the safest way for me to style and it gives me the exact look I want. Shiny, bouncy hair with body and just a hint of a bend at the ends...(no grandma curls /images/graemlins/grin.gif).