What does it mean when your hair is 'corkscrewy'..

TigerLily

What does it mean when your hair is \'corkscrewy\'..

When my hair is wet, my hair is in loose somewhat frizzy corkscrews. But, when it dries, the corkscrews disappear. What kind of hair is that?
I mean hair type?

lillian743

Re: What does it mean when your hair is \'corkscrewy\'..

4a? maybe your hair loses the corkscrew shape because its not as moisturzed as you think..
My hair used to do that, but then I started leaving conditioner in my hair, that helped out alot!

TigerLily

I use leave ins all of the time. I guess I have to find the right ones. I would really like for my hair to be corkscrewy when it dries!

canadiana

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
I use leave ins all of the time. I guess I have to find the right ones. I would really like for my hair to be corkscrewy when it dries!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, TL!!!!!
I'm currently transitioning and I want my hair to be corkscrews as well....I'm currently 8 weeks post relaxer and I see that my new growth is wavy and corkcscrewy.....and I want the rest of my hair to look the EXACT same way...

ChildlikeEmpress

My hair is exactly the opposite. It's a mixture of straight, wavy, and classically nappy when it's wet, but I get all kinds of corkscrew curls when it dries! I must have distinctly Rochelle-type hair.

Anyway, I've found that cutting frizz is the key to getting the best curl definition. Like others here have said, find a good leave-in. And believe it or not, serums and such that contain silicone compounds are great for sealing in moisture and helping to reduce frizz.

~Rochelle.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
ChildlikeEmpress said:
My hair is exactly the opposite. It's a mixture of straight, wavy, and classically nappy when it's wet, but I get all kinds of corkscrew curls when it dries! I must have distinctly Rochelle-type hair.

Anyway, I've found that cutting frizz is the key to getting the best curl definition. Like others here have said, find a good leave-in. And believe it or not, serums and such that contain silicone compounds are great for sealing in moisture and helping to reduce frizz.

~Rochelle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree along with not combing or manipulatng your wet hair if you want it super curly. If I want it to dry faster I lighly towel squeeze my hair