What does it mean to rinse?

Jaelin

I keep reading descriptions of how to care for hair when it's twisted etc. and people talk about "rinsing" their hair. What does this mean exactly?

Do you just get your hair damp with water (when I think of rinsing, I think of actually washing my hair, like rinsing out shampoo/conditioner) or is it a spray that you put on your hair?

Thanks.

If they said they were rinsing, they were likely talking about doing something similar to when they are rinsing out shampoo. It is something you can do daily to naturally moisturize your hair by running it under the shower head, and gently smoothing your hair. I usually add some plain conditioner like Suave coconut, and detangle a bit, then rinse that out. Afterwards, I style like normal. It is similar to a conditioner wash, but when I just do a rinse, I am not trying to get my hair totally clean, just totally saturated with water. I don't think everybody adds conditioner all the the time when rinsing, nor might everyone choose to detangle it. Its a good way to avoid tangles simply by rinsing it. Of course, if you had twists or some style in your hair, you might not want to manipulate it very much at all anyway, so you would likely skip the conditioner and detangling in that case too.

Some people also do a rinse with ACV, or rosemary and sage, or some other fortified liquid. This would not be continual "rinsing," like the above method, but a final rinse, or something just poured on the head.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The Results:: My hair came out a rich vibrant black with a bit more body. It's also a tad more reflective with more sheen. Nothing drastic. a few friends have commented that my hair looks "richer".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. There are also other rinses you will hear. The color rinse (putting a color in your hair that rinses out over time and the ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse a before or after conditioner treatment that normalizes the hair.

Back