Confirmed Mizani Counterfeits Out There!!!

Boy I'm glad I haven't tried these conditioners and shampoos. I was wondering though, if the company is well aware that they are selling two products, one for the salons, and one for everyone else. It seems impossible that so many stores are selling knock offs and the company doesn't know a thing about it, that's stealing from their pockets!

That's a big change...

Sassy, on the Bootleg/New formula are those ingredieents listed in order???

Tell me Sunscreen is not the first ingredient then Alcohol ??

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Sassy, on the Bootleg/New formula are those ingredieents listed in order???

[/ QUOTE ]

For some unknown reason, the ingredients in my version are listed in alphabetical order... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

sassygirl125 said:
"Real" Moisturefuse:
Deionized water
polyquaternium-32
glycerin
mineral oil
quaternium-80
silk amino acids
extract of chamomile
sage
nettles
rosemary
aloe vera
yarrow and kiwi fruit
dimethicone copolyol
DM DM hydantoin
dimethicone
dl panthenol
fragrance
acetamide mea
hydrolyzed keratin
hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans
sodium cocoyl collagen amino acids
cocyl sarcosine
wheat germ acid
linoleic acid
linolenic acid
sorbitol
wheat germ oil
tocopherol
sulfur

"Bootleg" (or new?) Moisturfuse:
behentrimonium methosulfate
cetearyl alcohol
diazolidinyl urea
dimethicone copolyolamine
dimethiconal dimethylpabanidopropyl laurdimonium toyslate
fragrance
glycerine
hydrolyzed wheat protein
iodopropynyl butylcarbamate
polyquaternium-37
ppg-1-tridiceth-6
proplene glycol
dicaprylate/dicaprate
stearyl dimethicone
TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate
water

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I hold in my hand a bottle of fake moisturefuse. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I bought this at a salon.

So this may explain why some of use thought the fufyl and moisturefuse had the same ingredients. If so many places have the bootleg one where can I get the real one?

WHEW!!! Mine's a real one. And I actually got this at one of those Chinese beauty supply places too. You know the kind where you can buy ALL the stuff that supposedly is only for licensed professionals? lol Guess I'll be goin back there from now on.

I've got my receipt, mine is going back and I will never buy another Mizani product again. It was my first Mizani product and it will be my last. The one with mineral oil doesn't sound good either. For the price of this stuff you'd think they would keep the mineral oil out!!!!!

free2bme said:
mizani hotline is 1-800-442-4643.

[/ QUOTE ]
This number is for Carson Products. They no longer own Mizani. I posted a link on another Mizani thread that mentions Mizani being transferred to L'oreal (took place in October 2002). Here's the link to the article: Mizani Transferred to L'oreal .

stolen from another thread:

What are we turning into at this forum?
...I thought I was obsessive about finding info about a product. I'm calling all over the country /images/graemlins/phone.gif you jumping into cars /images/graemlins/driver.gif ...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm more than satisfied with the chemical version, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me!

I got up early on a Saturday to beat the crowds. I went to Trade Secret, Penney's and and "authorized Mizani reseller" or whatever they are called (there was a sticker in the window and a little sign at the register). They all had the chemicalized version for sale. /images/graemlins/frown.gif The woman in the salon did not appreciate my questions. I know I wasn't a paying customer and it was Saturday (the place was jumping!), but she was sitting down behind the register eating a sandwich! It wasn't like she had a client with a relaxer ready to be rinsed out! /images/graemlins/mad.gif
The girl at Trade Secret was nice, but she was just as confused as I was. She asked one the stylists what could be going on. The stylist brought out three bottles of Moisturfuse. One had the "good" ingredients and the the other two were the chemical ingredients. She had never noticed! She said Mizani may be manufacturing one version for licensed pros and another version for retail.

The mystery continues...

Well, now I feel like a complete idiot for buying mine from the JCP salon. I guess that may be why I wasn't too impressed with it when I used it. I will just go to the professional salon down the street and get a "real" one. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sassygirl125 said:
[

Thanks for listing the old and new ingredients. I have the
"fake" one. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

smlwndr97 said:
That may be why I wasn't tooo thrilled with Moisturefuse when i bought it. Hmmm....

--monique

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

Hi all, I am a new member and I now know why this new bottle of moisterfuse didn't work as the one I brought last summer. I am under the impression that L'Oreal brought ALL of Carson and their products. I actually met Victoria Halloway [(or Calloway) she is the person incharge now of the Carson division of L'Oreal ]I was wondering what the final consensus on this "counterfeit" issue was. I called JCPenny in Bay Plaza Bronx and they swear they have it straight from the company.

Back