ALERT: Fake Professional Hair Products!!!!

BlkMane

Hi, all. I've had experience with buying counterfeit
salon products before, so in light of the posts about Mizani
Moisturefuse "fakes" I wanted to post some tips:

1. If the product says, "Only sold at salons...Only purchase
from authorized dealers", etc. Call the company and find
out who the AUTHORIZED dealers are in your area, then purchase
ONLY from them.

As was proven with the Moisturefuse, even reputable salons
(like JC Penney) may not be authorized dealers (JC Penney was
one of the places selling fake Mizani.

2. Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Sebastian and similar products are sold at
CVS, Duane Reade, Rite Aid, etc. but that does not mean they are
THE REAL DEAL. These places are NOT salons or professional beauty
supply shops. Yes, the products look like the real deal, but
believe it or not, a lot of those products are FAKES.

In the past, I've actually compared a REAL bottle of Paul Mitchell with the
ones in Duane Reade and there are little differences (that one wouldn't immediately
notice) that prove that the drug store ones are fakes.

[And no, I don't know how the drug stores get away with this. But, they do.]

**A relative who is a big time Paul Mitchell fan was using one of the products
purchased from a drugstore. My relative noticed that the product wasn't acting right.
He looked at the
bottle closely and notice that there was a "registered trademark" sign (that little "r"
in the circle")
after a LINE on the bottle. YOU CAN'T COPYRIGHT A LINE!! It was a typo!

My relative swiftly took that fake Paul Mitchell back to the drugstore, told them it
was fake and
believe me, they gave him a refund. No more questions asked.

Just wanted everyone to be aware that not everyone believes that lying and
cheating are sins.

Karonica

I see the Paul Mitchell fakies all the time in CVS! And I used to think they were real, until I saw the ccommercial saying you can only get the real ones at certain beauty salons! Isn't that against the law? I mean, they look exactly the same! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
My relative swiftly took that fake Paul Mitchell back to the drugstore, told them it
was fake and
believe me, they gave him a refund. No more questions asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/drunk.gif! I guess he showed them.

G

JC Penney???

I bought a Nexxus Humectress from there. I started to by the Moisturefuse. What should I look for on the bottle?

You know there are a chain of stores here, I can't recall the name right now ,their in all the malls and all they sell is haircare products, by Paul Mitchell, Lanza, Nexxus, etc and I've been kinda leery of them, Anybody have the 800 to call?

Now I want to check.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I read somewhere that companies will sell "watered down" versions of their own products to drugstores and grocery stores. This is probably how Kroger and Phar-Mor get away with selling Sebastian, Paul Mitchell, etc w/o getting sued...

Kitkat

I bought Paul Mitchell conditioner from Duane Reade and Nexxus conditioners from CVS ages ago. Who would have thought that the drug stores were scamming us like that? As much as all of those conditioners cost, it's worth looking for authorized places to make sure we're getting the actual product.

PapillionRouge

Does anybody know if they seel fake Biolage out there. Before that product was so hard 2 find, only in select professional salons, IF I was lucky. Now it seems as if they are popping up everywhere. Even in CostCutters,Korean stores, and BJ's. Do the knock-offs smell the same too?

You know, they should do a special report on these fake products on UPN, or some other scam news report. I think I'll call 7 on ur side.LOL! /images/graemlins/blush.gifoo:

Blkmane:
I think I bought a fake bottle of Tropical Avocado. It was in a bottle, and not a jar,it didnt even smell the same, the vicosity was different too. I got happy, cuz I found it for 1.99, when i couldnt find it anywhere else, now Im scared to use it. It says made in USA, not DR /images/graemlins/frown.gif.