Curly Buttercreme is STILL the best moisturizing creme out there!

jada1111

I haven't used this in several years, because it wasn't available where I live and the $48 price tag PLUS shipping deterred me from purchasing it again. Carols Daughter HHB was working just fine for me at a cheaper price and could be found locally.

I was able to find the Baby Buttercreme at one of the salons here a couple of years ago (they didn't sell the Curly Buttercreme, because their clients were more on the looser-textured side). I bought it because so many naps were saying how fabulous it was, yada, yada. This mess did NOTHING from MY hair. It was greasy, didn't absorb and just sat on my hair and made it stiff. I kept reading how BB and CB were similar, except for the scents, but I vaguely remember CB being more moisturizing than this. Used the BB two or three more times, then gave it away.

I found the 8 oz jar of Curly Buttercreme at Wilshire Beauty Supply (for the LA folks) and decided to give it a shot again. I used it to create big twists all around for stretchage for the next day. My hair came out WONDERFUL!! It was moisturized, soft, not in the least bit greasy (a little oily, but nothing major).

The only downside is the peppermint smell. I don't know why Miss Jessie's can't experiment with different scents with the CB formula, but oh well. At least it works. I'm still using CDHHB, but I'm not gonna lie, I like how this works much better.

Okay folks say it with me - Baby Buttercreme and Curly Buttercreme are NOT the same in any way shape or form.

4a/b textured hair needs heavier products to work correctly. CB is the heavier of the two.