I have said goodbye to CON and hello to Aubrey's Organics

Nay

Yes, I have thrown away every bottle of CON shampoo and conditioner that I owned, never to be bought again. This Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo is FANTASTIC. I'm talking FAN-TAS-TIC. It made my hair feel super soft. It knocked out the tangles so good that using conditioner (Aubrey's Organics GPB) was almost unnecessary. The shampoo made my hair just so shiny and nice (at least it looked shiny wet). And to top it all off, it is preservative free, which has become important to me recently.

So goodbye CON. You've been kicked to the curb. I no longer endorse you. I'm an Aubrey's woman now with a new product regime!

caligirl

Nooooo! Nay, you were my hair hero because your routine was so simple and you were ride or die for CON! What is the world coming to. Well, we better see some pictures.

Nay

Cali, you are too funny! "ride or die" :lol:

I haven't gone product junkie or nothing. My routine is still simple. Now I'll just use the Aubrey's, though, instead of CON.

Divastate

If Nay says it works i'm going to have to give it a try. My hair is growing well but has started tangling horribly lately- if this stuff knocks the tangles out I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip! :)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I just picked up the Honeysuckle shampoo and conditioner. I haven't used it yet but I will some time this week.

OT:The Vitamin Shoppe has a buy 2 get the 3rd free sale on all personal care items. I got the shampoo and conditioner and then got the GPB for free.

Ayeshia

I hate CON yuck. The GPB worked fab on my hair too. What ,made you try the Aubrey in the first place?

kristina

Wow Nay, this stuff sounds like the greatest product since sliced bread. And with that rec I'm going to have to try for myself-not that I'm dissatisfied with CON but because why my hair anything that eases detangling by even a fraction is a godsend. Why do I have the suspicion that Aubrey's stock will rise a point or two because of this rec?

Nay

Ayeshia said:
What made you try the Aubrey in the first place?

I recently found out that I had a small uterine fibroid tumor. This is pretty common, especially among African-American women. I was curious to see if there were any dietary changes that I should make that would keep the tumor from getting bigger or even help it to shrink altogether.

Well, I stumbled across some interesting information about things you should avoid, for example, you should not use saran wrap to cover things you are heating up in a microwave. You should use glass or ceramic bowls to heat things up, not plastic or styrofoam. The list goes on and on.

And it also mentioned body lotions and shampoos, et cetera, and how many of them contain a preservative called butylparaben or methylparaben or some other "paraben" and that this mimics female estrogen and is "absorbed" into the skin, and that too much estrogen is one of the things that can cause fibroids in the first place.

Now, MOST products that we know contain this ingredient (CON, Elucence, Kenra, Mane & Tail, and many others if you look on the ingredient list), and maybe it is no big deal really. But after reading this article, I just wanted to stop using products that I've been using that list this ingredient.

Fortunately, I tried the Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose after reading good reviews about it here at LHCF, and I REALLY did like it. So it all worked out.

Anyway, if anyone wants to check out the article, you can find it here: http://www.fibroid101.com/xeno.htm

About midway through it in a section titled Preservative Methyl Paraben in Skin Lotions and Gels, it talks about shampoos and other things that made me go, Hmmmmmmmmm.

Again, there may be no real cause for alarm, but I just felt better throwing away some of my products after reading their ingredient list. And with prayer, better diet, more exercise, and less parabens in my life, hopefully I'll write y'all in six months and say, That fibroid tumor has disappeared!!

Ayeshia

Thanks for the explanation Nay and that interesting article. I hope and pray that you feel better soon :kiss:

OT but your name is Nayola? My stepmothers name is Mayola :) they rhyme! Very pretty.

kristina

I'm sorry to hear about your tumor but wanted to thank you for sending the article- I microwave my food in tuberward covered in plastic wrap all the time and had no clue that it was harmful. I'm sure that by making those life changes, it'll be gone in no time.

Last edited:

Nay

Awww, thanks for the well-wishes, you guys. I don't actually FEEL bad at all. I wouldn't have even known I had the fibroid if it weren't for my routine gynecological exam. I don't have any symptoms, and the doc said we will just wait and see if anything needs to be done later.

Actually, it's a blessing in disguise because it just reminded me to take better care of myself as far as too much caffeine, not enough exercising, eating more fiber. All of that stuff. So now I'm trying to be more health-conscious (not that I won't still squeeze in a chocolate chip cookie or two here and there :lol: )

I'm glad the article was helpful!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Nay said:
Awww, thanks for the well-wishes, you guys. I don't actually FEEL bad at all. I wouldn't have even known I had the fibroid if it weren't for my routine gynecological exam. I don't have any symptoms, and the doc said we will just wait and see if anything needs to be done later.

Actually, it's a blessing in disguise because it just reminded me to take better care of myself as far as too much caffeine, not enough exercising, eating more fiber. All of that stuff. So now I'm trying to be more health-conscious (not that I won't still squeeze in a chocolate chip cookie or two here and there :lol: )

I'm glad the article was helpful!

Get better soon Nay :rosebud:
This is a good reminder not to skip the regular exams!
You made me want to look into Aubrey's. I know that Jade21 used to love it and maybe still does.

A

anks

I was just talking with Tonya and she recommended me to use Aubrey's hair products on my daughter's hair. I was just on their website and ordered their line of products. Thanks for posting this!

hotshot

nay, really? i thought you were miss CON. i was thinking of getting some recently too. i have to remember why i stopped using it.
personally i love love love aubreys gpb. and its cheaper now at whole foods!
do you think aubreys will make your hair "too soft?"

Armyqt

Aubrey Organics is great. I just got the Honeysuckle Rose and white camelia and island naturals and my hair loves them all. :up:

babyblue

Hmmmm...now you got me interested. I know you got a whole lotta thick hair and with such a great review like this i just may have to run out and get some of this shampoo.
thanks for the article also. I hope your doing well.

mkstar826

supersonic
I love Aubrey's! The Green Tea Clarifying shampoo and the GPB are my favorites :yep:

I have the honeysuckle too but I never gave it a fair chance thanks to the green tea, lol.

brazenxvirtue

I have yet to meet an AO conditioner that doesn't smell great. My favorite smell is the White Camellia. But the Honeysuckle Rose and the Island Naturals are good too.

These conditioners redefine my paradigm. I tell you.

beloved1

AO is definitely the bomb! I love the AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, but after hearing so many raves on CON, I did recently buy the CON shampoo, haven't used it yet though. I'm frugal (stay at home mom of 3 kids under 4) so I figure I'd mix the goodies but cheapies (CON, MNT) with my other wonderful not-so-cheap staples (AO and Phytolaxer) and see how it works out.

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
I just bought the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I am so excited, I can't wait for it to ship. I really need a new shampoo and conditioner. The ones I used on my hair when it was relaxed are not working on my natural hair.

Last edited:

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I'm sorry but I'm still trying to catch my breath here!

Nay - you are my hair twin!!!!!! No CON????? Whoa! Just as I'm trying to perfect your twist out routine? Just when I figured out how to get my twists to dry in less than 2 days?? I have been using CON my whole life and it is still the best of all shampoos and conditioners I have. Way better than Elucence & Kenra. You are my inspiration to turn from my Product Junkie ways! But Alas, I must journey to Whole Foods!

Are you going to use the GPB conditioner before & after every wash?
What about Liv?

Come hither thy purse...surrender to thee, thy wallet.... we must go forth on the odyssey ahead!

I'm a little afraid :babyb: "Why?" you ask? Because I've tried GPB conditioner before with mediocre results. Yet never the Honeusuckle Shampoo...therefore I wait...I contemplate...and yea - I shall give a report after I try.

Last but not Least - I Pray that God gives you a speedy recovery :yep: I know first hand that He's a Healer.

Last edited:

carletta

OK NAY!, where can I find the Aubrey product line at. You know the product junkie in me JUST CAN'T WAIT :grin: :grin: !!!!!!!

carletta

carletta said:
OK NAY!, where can I find the Aubrey product line at. You know the product junkie in me JUST CAN'T WAIT :grin: :grin: !!!!!!!

ANYBODY???? :confused: ??????? PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THIS STUFF :ohwell: