I have said goodbye to CON and hello to Aubrey's Organics

jainygirl

You couldnt pry my cold dead hands off of CON and I said so more than a few times on this forum :lol: that is until i found AO Island Butter Shampoo. I take that Aubrey Organics has a lot of ex-CON (enjoy the pun :grin: )converts. -- jainygirl

Honi

There is no board.
Awwww manyun! Now I have to go get some before the sale is ovah!

I can't believe this shampoo has the same slip as CON but since you said it I've got to try it now.

Nay

You guys are nuts, especially you, browndilocks and jainygirl.

Browndilocks, if the CON is working for you, don't let me break up the relationship :lol: Trust me, it was HARD to step away from the bottle. But I'm on a more natural quest for hair products **insert mood music here ** So I had to say my farewells to the CON and the Liv :cry3:

But, fortunately, this Aubrey's Honeysuckle rose is treating me right and helping me to mend my broken heart.

Now I've just got to find a Liv replacement for my twistout, and I'll be back in hair heaven. I've got some product samplers coming from Akiva, Myhoneychild, and Oyin. Hopefully, something amongst those products will make me jump up and say, "Found it!!!" When that happens, I will come back with another product review.

Carletta, I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner. I've been away from the computer. Yes, The Vitamin Shoppe has a special going on this month where if you buy two Aubrey's products, you get the third one for free. I personally have tried and liked Honeysuckle Rose shampoo and conditioner and also the GPB conditioner.

Last edited:

DahomeyAhosi

I wish I'd had the same success with AO honeysuckle shampoo as you. It just dried out my hair and gave me monster tangles. I'm going to have to mix it with CON in order to use the bottle up.

pressncurl

caligirl said:
Nay,

You gave up the Liv too? Now I really know the world is coming to an end.

Woah! How did I miss this?!

Well, Nay, when you find the replacement, I'm sure you will have many of your "followers" :laugh: jumping on board. That includes me!

SherryLove

wow, Nay... welcome to the AO users' club!!!! when you get a chance, try his honeysuckle rose moisturizing conditioner...i think you will love it as well...

take care.

Nay

Hey, Sherry :wave:

The Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner is now my favorite!! I tried the Islands Conditioner (it worked fine, but I didn't really like the Noxema smell). I tried the GPB (it was fine too, but still not quite "it.") So, yes, the Honeysuckle will be my mainstay from here on out.

Dahomey, sorry it didn't work out for you. It's so weird how everyone's hair seems to have a mind of its own.

Hey, Pressncurl :wave: I'm still trying combinations of this and that to replace my Liv. I don't have a flat-out winner yet though :lol: But when I find it, I'll make sure to let y'all know.

Honi

There is no board.
Nay I wanted this to work soooo badly for me. I couldn't believe your post about CON so I had to try it. It wasn't as stripping as the Island Naturals but still my hair felt more clarified than anything. I'm beginning to think that none of the AO shampoo's are good for my hair. The conditioner is fabulous though. Glad you liked that one.

Nay

Hey, Honi: :wave:

Don't you hate it when you have high hopes for a new product and it just doesn't work out for you? It really is hard finding things that agree with our hair. I kind of know what you mean about your hair feeling "clarified" after the shampoo. I kind of get that feeling too, but it's not everytime :confused: But I still like it a lot nonetheless.

Well, I'm glad that at least the conditioner was a keeper for you.

caligirl

Ok, way off topic, but...

Lucia, the woman in your siggy has a nice butt for a white lady. Makes me wanna get back to doing pilates.

Cinnabuns

Girl I hear ya! CON has not been doing it for me latley. It has been making my eyes burn and my ears turn really read. :nono: and I just bought some Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose from someone here on the board and I can't wait for it to come. Until then I'm on the lookout for it!:sekret: