Complicated ? Lye to no lye and correct with lye?

kgard7777

I had an Affirm lye put in 7 mths ago from the root to the ends! (Not by choice) well I just relaxed with a Optimum no lye and I am underprocessed big time. So according to that Shambooise book can I correct the no lye new growth with an Affirm lye relaxer and get straighter hair this time or what? I am confused because I have not read the book.

Please help :)

gymfreak336

I had an Affirm lye put in 7 mths ago from the root to the ends! (Not by choice) well I just relaxed with a Optimum no lye and I am underprocessed big time. So according to that Shambooise book can I correct the no lye new growth with an Affirm lye relaxer and get straighter hair this time or what? I am confused because I have not read the book.

Please help :)

The lye will help remove mineral buildup from the no lye but you won't see much change in straightness. He says that curl is locked when you use no lye.

kgard7777

Thanks but I thought he said it will straighten the new growth... and the rest of the hair won't change? Thats my goal because my new growth is still wavy :ohwell: